Author Topic: Going to OR coast . . . what bow wood should I haul home?  (Read 1510 times)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Going to OR coast . . . what bow wood should I haul home?
« on: June 04, 2014, 02:02:13 am »
The Wife and I are driving to Eugene to visit family and celebrate granddaughter's UofO graduation.

While we are out there (& if I get the opportunity), what west coast bow wood should I be on lookout for? 

I have some friends there who are in furn/construction businesses so they may be helpful in locating good woods that are unavail here in sunny MO.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 02:07:00 am by Knoll »
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Peacebow_Coos

Re: Going to OR coast . . . what bow wood should I haul home?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 07:15:22 pm »
I'm in Eugene, we have Vine Maple and Oregon Ash everywhere in the valley, and Yew if you get up into the hills, some Ocean spray but more toward the coast I've found.  I'd vote Vine maple.  I've heard we have serviceberry around these parts too but I haven't found any, nor do I know where to look or what to look for :/  Congrats to your daughter travel safe

Offline bowsandroses

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 09:49:20 pm »
+1 on vine maple is easy to find grows like weed.
My two cents worth of wisdom
One who seeks solitude will find their inner spirit.

A man who speaks to critters is a man with an audience who listens
                                              Hugh Ridenour

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 12:17:30 am »
Daughter & family kept us sooooo busy for 4 days that I did not have opp to sneak off. 
Grad ceremony was, of course, outside.  And, of course, it rained like crazy! 
We had GRAND time!!!
Oh, yeah, if you've not been to Redwoods & Yosemite then put 'em on the bucket list.  Just the drive into Yosemite Valley is a major hoot!!!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857