Author Topic: Jeep A/C question  (Read 3583 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Jeep A/C question
« on: June 27, 2014, 02:24:17 pm »
Kinda off the subject of primitive archery, except this is my conveyance from one archery event to another...(How was that for tying it in to bows?)

Last summer I had the A/C core replaced on my 97 Cherokee, $100 in parts and a million dollars in shop time.  Now every time I use the a/c, I get water coming out of the vents under the dash.  I am trying to locate the little hose that is supposed to direct this condensate out of the vehicle, but so far I have yet to locate it?  Where the heck am I supposed to find it, assuming they put it back on which is starting to look like a not very likely scenario. 

9 months after the repair is kinda a long time to go back on the shop, I can only imagine what they might say if I ask them to "check their work". 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline PrimitiveTim

Re: Jeep A/C question
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 02:46:45 pm »
had that happen in my last truck... I thought the cold dripping water on my bare feet was just an extra feature  >:D
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Josh B

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 03:22:47 pm »
That's a pretty common occurrence with A/C repairs.  You are on the right track with the drain hose.  They either get kinked when reinstalling or a bit of debris plugs them off.  I haven't turned wrenches for along time, but when I did, something like that would have been fixed without charge and with A heartfelt apology.  It wouldn't hurt to feel em out on standing behind there work even with the long lapse of time from the repair.  If not fixed, it will eventually rust out your floor panel.  Josh

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 03:48:25 pm »
I have driven enough "Flintstones" vehicles where you can use your shoes for brakes on the pavement!  Frustrating trying to find where that hose is supposed to be.  If I could find it, I would stick an airhose in the end and give it a shot to see if I can clear it. 

Offline bubby

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 05:02:03 pm »
Get on YouTube and type in how to fix the problem, I can almost guaranty there is a video showing exactly how to fix it
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 05:37:13 pm »
Get on YouTube and type in how to fix the problem, I can almost guaranty there is a video showing exactly how to fix it

who needs universities and schools when we have youtube lol. their slogan should be.."youtube, where you can learn everything about anything"

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 06:38:51 pm »
I've owned 11 Jeeps but can't help you without digging through my books. I've only owned one hat the A/C worked, the present one :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline bubby

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 07:08:50 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3l3IjojYlQ
here's one link JW, lots more if this one don't help ;), bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Don Case

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2014, 09:07:21 pm »
Take it back to the shop. If they don't want to fix it they can sure tell you where the drain tube is.

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2014, 06:15:48 pm »
Steve Bennett

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2014, 07:36:13 pm »
Inside of the frame.
http://m.cherokeeforum.com/showthread.php?t=24246

That is just plain stupid.  Where do they find the engineers with these idiotic ideas?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2014, 11:10:46 pm »
 In Canada :) Get your metric wrenches out. ;)
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2014, 11:42:51 am »
They are usually right under the heater box ,behind the glove box,and under the carpet or outside under the hood at the bottom on the heater/evaporator core box,looks like a tit of sort :-[ ;) :) with a slit in the middle,they get plugged,just squeeze to open the slit and it usually will clean itself out. :) My son had a 95 and it was behind the glove box if I remember right.
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline stickbender

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2014, 08:46:52 pm »

Well J.W.  I was going to suggest You Tube, but I was beat to the punch.  But as for the stupid engineering, I think it is just a sign of the times, the bean counters, say, you know if you made this real difficult to get to, the customers would have to come to the shop, and then the labor, to get to the part, and then the replacement part, etc. will add up to a tidy sum, for a tidy profit!  And so it is now difficult to get to anything on modern vehicles anymore.  I had to replace a gas pump, is it on the side of the engine, where you just take it off, and replace it with a new gasket and fuel pump?  Nope, it is inside the fuel tank! >:(  I also replaced the alternator.  Had to take the radiator out, to get to the lone hidden bolt! >:(  Also had four O2 sensors replaced.  They are located behind the engine, on the fire wall, and along the frame.  Oh, and you need a "Special" tool to remove and install them! >:( >:(  A whole bunch of the tools I was going to put in my shop, will have to wait now. >:(

Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2014, 08:52:12 pm »
Wait till you have to change the Serpentine belt or water pump in the parking lot of a Circle K in July. >:D There is one adjustment bolt that is real fun to find and get a wrench on.
Lakeland, Florida