Author Topic: Heads up!!! Just got my new American made #49 and #50's  (Read 1853 times)

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
Heads up!!! Just got my new American made #49 and #50's
« on: June 23, 2014, 02:45:12 pm »
I know a lot of you newer guys are looking for good tools and if you're an older guy like me you may be wanting to replace some tools that are being warn out.
There's a guy on the auction site selling new Nicholson #50's for 20 bucks TYD.
If I'm doing wrong by posting this the mods can delete it and slap my hand but you don't find a bargain like this often and I wanted to pass it on.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline toomanyknots

Re: Heads up!!! Just got my new American made #49 and #50's
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 02:59:13 pm »
I think as long as you don't post a link or advertise or anything I think it is fine?? Good deal though! I always wanted to try a save edge as a lot of people on here have said they are really quality rasps. I use some generic farriers from a outdoor store near me, I use one for about a year, and then buy a new one for 40 bucks.
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 03:35:24 pm »
Got my first Save Edge not too long ago.  Love it!!
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Fred Arnold

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 03:47:09 pm »
TMK,Greg, I also use a Save Edge, probably ready for a new one because it's done it's work. I do prefer the Nicholson for lighter work and initial tiller around the handle and fade area.
If I remember correctly the Save Edge was purchased at the local Fastenal outlet although they no longer stock them they will order one for you.
The American made Nicholson's are hard to find and generally bring a premium. These I got were brand new and in the original package. When you figure free shipping that's a hell of a deal in my book. Wished I had the funds to purchase more but budget is tight.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 09:02:00 pm »
You're good Fred ;) Have at it, guys, I never could get used to a Nicholson 50. I gave mine to Hillbilly when I got tired of cleaning the Osage constantly.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline mwosborn

• Mitch Osborn
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 09:36:03 pm »
Only 3 left - I just bought one - thanks Fred.
Enjoy the hunt!  Mitch

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 12:22:56 am »
1 left, too good a deal to pass up. I have one that is 15 years old that I will give to one of my bow students and replace it with the new one.

Offline Fred Arnold

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 12:56:35 am »
Just thought I'd let you know that when I messaged him last week he told me he still had about 40 remaining and was listing them 10 at a time so if they sell out you might check back later. He also had 2 49's that he hadn't listed.