Author Topic: elm sapling ?  (Read 10984 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: elm sapling ?
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2014, 09:16:42 am »
Again,  ;) :D :D :D
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2014, 11:01:07 am »
JoJo, I agree with you.

I remember thinking when I got to be around 25 years old that my Dad sure got really smart all of a sudden.

Wish he was around still so he could make me as smart as he was.

I heard this on TV the other day and adapted this great idea. When it comes to primitive archery, look into the past and you will see our future. :)

Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2014, 11:29:31 am »
I knew my comment would stir it up :)   And I'm certainly not taking anything away from anyone. But I do know  that SOME things done 20 years ago have been rethought and found better ways. I have learned a lot from the past but have also learned a lot from newer guys. Example: Cody aka misslemaster is in his early 20's. He is half if not a third in age to most guys on here. Anyone that has seen his work knows what the youth is capable of. He follows a lot of old values but also pushes the norm. Sorry Cody but I had to give credit to you. Cody's not the only young guy on here doing it. I believe the book on archery is being written everyday and am always willing hear out a new opinion ;)

Offline Badger

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2014, 11:51:49 am »
  Paul, everyone that contributes to these forums contributes to the advancement of the art of bowyering. Cody has been an inspriration for such a young guy, Cody will also be the first to tell you that he is well studied in the theories and work of his predacessors. The work that went into developing styles and tecniques was a long process. Once the process is established you can pass that on to someone in a very short period of time. Hopefully each generation of bowyers takes what they learned and discovered or improved on it as they go. I really don't like the idea of disrespecting people like Jawge who have paid their dues and worked very hard to help bring archery to where it is today.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2014, 11:52:15 am »
I speak/type from experience, but I wont argue.... very often. I just build what I build and post some of them here. It just so happens my experiences are different sometime. This is a fine example. Ive made a good batch of short, higher stressed, very high crown sapling bows with great results. Haven't broke a one. Am I lucky? Hell I don't know, but it works fine and I wont be reverting anytime soon.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2014, 12:02:58 pm »
Steve respect should be given to all until its not deserved anymore. 
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2014, 12:04:22 pm »
No disrespect from me in any way. I've read and appreciate all he has done. Also appreciate anyone trying/ thinking of something different/new

Offline Badger

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2014, 12:09:00 pm »
  Pearl, disagreeing with anyone is fine, I do that all the time. Jawge and I went at it this week over some little issue. But thats not the same as disrespecting someone.

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2014, 12:13:02 pm »
Did disrespect him? He made a jab and so did I. That's all it was

Offline Badger

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2014, 12:20:25 pm »
  I apologise if I over reacted, but I have seen a trend of younger guys disrespecting their older peers and I just wasnt raised like that.

Offline George Tsoukalas

« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2014, 12:23:16 pm »
Paul, I'm not "stirred" up. LOL.
I taught middle/high school chem/science for 35 years.
It takes a lot to get me going.
I also raised 2 wonderful daughters with the help of God and my "village". It does take a village.
PD, and I have fun on here. If I could not I'd be long gone and you guys would be forced to fend for yourselves. :)
Yes, Badger, we have had some discussions over the years and I like them. :)
I'm also a 17 year internet veteran.
Come to think of it I'm also a USAR veteran.
That about tops all of the above for difficulty.:)
My Army caused  bad knee (hospital ...11 days) reminded me of that this morning.
But I'm all the better for it and did not go through much compared to others.
Jawge
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 12:29:34 pm by George Tsoukalas »
Set Happens!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2014, 12:28:09 pm »
The good news is we probably wont ever see or touch each others work Jawgey. The world may never know!

Offline George Tsoukalas

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2014, 12:32:51 pm »
PD, that is not good news. I've talked on here with so many wonderful people. I've met some like Badger, Tim Baker and others and I am fortunate to have done so.

The only bad thing about these forums is we can't meet and talk. The sharing has to take place  this way but that's the way it goes.

Jawge
Set Happens!

Offline George Tsoukalas

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2014, 12:39:05 pm »
Now we have a point of viable disagreement.

I was always taught and always taught my daughters to give respect. Please note no ryder is attached to that. Respect is just always given.

I like to joke around and do not take a whole lot seriously and for that I apologize.

:)

Jawge
Set Happens!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2014, 12:49:14 pm »
Send me a 28" draw bow Jawgey and Ill send you one. Then we can burn that part of the bridge between Michigan eh' and New Hampsha'.