Author Topic: Livin' the Dream  (Read 2720 times)

Offline PrimitiveTim

Livin' the Dream
« on: June 14, 2014, 11:00:02 am »
Ladies and gentlemen, I am pursuing my passion and my dream.  I have signed on to host and produce wildlife videos for a new and upcoming free online wildlife channel.  This is the biggest stage I have ever been on and it will be really cool to share the wildlife that we all love with the world.  There's a twist though.  The guy heading this whole thing up really likes how I'm into this primitive stuff as well.  He's wanting me to work in primitive skills/living/how-tos into the shows and even make short extras about primitive stuff.  Now, this channel has the potential to take over animal based media and create a huge stage for me.  If my show is successful I could also be introducing and sparking interests in primitive archery.  So my question for y'all is; how do I introduce that in a fun way, and what sort of primitive things would folks respond to well and are important for them to learn?

This is the channel trailer!  Some of my footage is in there.  Y'all have no idea how excited I am about this!  It comes out In July and my show will be every Friday but once it's up, then it's up forever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOtUrDtP6m4
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Zuma

Re: Livin' the Dream
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 11:23:06 am »
Periodically show some old Tarzan footage. Feature hot ladies and adorable animals.
Don't forget bonding with your buds at knap-in campfires.
All joking aside Tim, "Good on ya" Wishing you all the best.
Zuma
PS look forward to watchin
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 01:32:49 pm »
Tim, I'd say just keep doing what you are doing and what you enjoy. That has worked for you so far. Congratulations! This sounds very cool.  8)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 02:36:21 pm by Pat B »
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bubby

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 01:52:39 pm »
people should see your excitement and the joy/ fun that you get from it, be real, not reality real but truly real, and it might not hurt to climb some trees :D
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Parnell

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 04:58:09 pm »
Very exciting.  I think Pat's advice is good, but I'll think about it and I'm sure things will evolve.  Looking forward to watching!
1’—>1’

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 07:05:29 pm »
Thanks guys!  Zuma, I don't think you are joking.  Definitely going to keep climbing trees! 
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Badger

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2014, 08:27:14 pm »
  I go with pats advice also, great opportunity you have, just be yourself. That show I did all they wanted to do was get the cast member fighting with each other. I told them where  to stick it. I agree with you thinking the audience for this is huge.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2014, 04:55:09 am »
Too cool Tim ! Best of luck, but I don't think You'll need it - just let Your passion for the sport show thru. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2014, 06:20:38 pm »
Way to go, Tim, Congratulations! I'm with Pat, be yourself, have fun and  show people Primitive skills that the everyday person can use. And, maybe get another shirt ::) ;).
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline nclonghunter

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2014, 08:11:55 pm »
Congrats Tim, that is awesome. If you need a stunt double I am sure Bonepile will volunteer. May be repetitive to you but many of your videos should get you plenty of ideas and they are interesting. Good luck
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2014, 09:48:38 pm »
Best of luck Tim! Be yourself. Anyone  serious about your topics will see right through you if you try to  BS , and try to bring you down. If you are the same straight shooter you are on here , you'll do just fine.  Be careful of the cross overs from animals to primitive skills. Most people looking for animal videos don't want to know we kill and eat them ;) .Have fun!
   Dave 

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2014, 10:08:34 pm »
Congrats & Tim don't forget all of us when your famous.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2014, 10:32:07 pm »
I don't know if you saw it tonight but a dude on American Ninja Warrior wore a Tarzan loin cloth and beat his chest while uttering Ahaa, Ahaaa walala!
For real. He had a good time on the course too.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2014, 08:26:08 am »
Good for you Tim,looking forward to seeing it. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good