Author Topic: character Osage build a long. maybe, kinda, sorta  (Read 7456 times)

Offline Badly Bent

Re: character Osage build a long. maybe, kinda, sorta
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2014, 09:57:13 pm »
You gave it a shot Doc just looks like that piece didn't want to become a bow. Pretty cool when they work out but as you know sometimes there is no telling if a stave will give up a bow until you tear into it. I spent multiple hours on many old osage fence post chiseling away to only find out there was no bow to be had. The ones that did hold a bow though...., well that was my reward. :)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2014, 07:08:41 am »
 :(  Well, you gave it a good try.   
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline half eye

« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2014, 07:20:59 am »
Doc, like yer style....Ya started with worst than nothing, and got it lookin good, then the little darlin decided to lay down and quit. Instead of moanin about it, I'll bet ya took a good look and give some thought to going ahead anyway. Ya got class man 8) 8) 8)

PS: ya know that anybody in their right mind wouldn't even had started, and yet you even got a plan at this stage. Admire your stick-to-it 8)
rich

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2014, 08:11:44 am »
I am sure you understood what you was getting into,to bad it didn't work out but that happens when you start with something like that. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good