Author Topic: Exciting morning made me late for work  (Read 1171 times)

Offline Marks

Exciting morning made me late for work
« on: May 30, 2014, 12:28:05 pm »
Some mornings its like you weren't meant to make it to work on time. Me and my wife were already bickering at each other this morning because our schedule was a little off. I put my 5 month old in the truck to take him to my mom and go to work like usual. I went to feed the dogs and noticed they had treed something in the apple tree. I went to check it out and they had a young mink up in there. I live a few miles from any creeks so I was surprised to see it near my house. While I was trying to get a pic it got nervous and made a break for it and Boone caught it. I felt bad. I wasn't gonna let him kill it but it happened too fast. He broke its back in one bite before I could get to him. As he bit and shook he slung blood on my pants. Had to change. Late for work. This is the 3rd mink I've ever seen. One was when I was squirrel hunting at 13 yrs old and the 2nd was last week while canoeing.

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
Re: Exciting morning made me late for work
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 02:18:26 pm »
Actually I believe that's a weasel not a mink, but cool none the less.
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline nclonghunter

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 03:05:50 pm »
Most blood thirsty critters on the planet....very cute though.
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline Marks

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 03:28:05 pm »
Actually I believe that's a weasel not a mink, but cool none the less.

I stand corrected. Its a Long tailed weasel. I had no idea we even had them here. That means this is the first weasel I've ever seen because the other 2 minks were def minks. I wondered why this one was colored different than the other 2. You learn something new everyday. I imagine he was hunting field mice or raiding the bird nests in my apple tree. If he was in the nests that fine because they are mocking bird and blue jay nests. I don't care for either one.

Offline Marks

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 04:26:42 pm »
Had I realized what it was I would have titled it "Pop goes the Weasel"

Offline Zuma

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 11:07:42 pm »
Still cool, I see a lot of mink where I live. I have never saw a weasel here.
Shot one when I was a kid over fifty years ago. The only one I ever saw.
Thanks for posting. They do look a lot alike.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2014, 06:53:27 am »
Cool! Live trapped them for research project and would rather smell a skunk than a male weasel anyday :D

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Zuma

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2014, 10:58:37 am »
Found a mink pic
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.