Author Topic: Bamboo arrows in Wheelie Bows  (Read 6768 times)

Offline autologus

Re: Bamboo arrows in Wheelie Bows
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2014, 01:56:16 pm »
When compounds first came out I shot wood arrows out of mine.  They fly fast and very quiet. BUT in no way would I do it with these new compounds. I think if I had a newer compound I wouldn't shoot anything but metal and wouldn't even mess with carbon.

I would vote NO on your question.

Traditional/primitive archery is so much easier.

To be honest metal would probably be safer than carbon, when I used to shoot my compound I would always inspect the carbon shafts where the nock inserts, to make sure there were no cracks because if there were any at all the shaft could splinter and nothing good can come from that.  Cracked shaft = $10.00 down the drain.  :'(

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2014, 05:14:41 pm »
I've seen the results of a wood arrow out of a compound bow.  The arrow broke off upon release and it drove through the kids hand.  After a visit to the ER and an operation later the kid was ok.  The price was to high to pay if you ask me.  I'd caution you not to try it. 
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline uklongbow

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2014, 03:51:39 pm »
Also remember guys , that wooden arrows are spined between 26" supports, carbons are spined between 28" supports.
So the same deflection measurement isnt the same spine.
And personally, I think shooting wood or bamboo arrows out of a string gun is just gonna end in tears :)

Roger