Author Topic: New guy!  (Read 1896 times)

Offline Clacker

New guy!
« on: May 13, 2014, 03:04:52 pm »
Howdy all!  I've been lurking around this forum for a while, reading and learning what i can. Finally decided to get around to posting a few points I made, still very new to knapping, only been going about it for around 6ish months. Let's see if I can't figure out how to upload a pic or two...

And some more recent stuff, Obsidian heart i made for my mother on mother's day

And a point i knocked out about 20 minutes ago, been a rainy day, so off work. What else is there to do? :P

Offline Dalton Knapper

Re: New guy!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 03:32:55 pm »
Pretty good especially for the short time you have been knapping. I love that blue glass - that's perdy stuff.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 04:16:52 pm »
Those are some good starter points! Welcome to the addiction and knap on :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Clacker

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 04:41:45 pm »
Thanks guys :). The glass is some Fiber optic stuff I got from Neolithics. I've gotten addicted, no doubt. Though I've been having problems working larger spalls, lots of step fractures and small flakes. I've been thinking that maybe my billet isn't large enough but maybe I'm just hitting wrong.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 04:50:08 pm »
Welcome and nice points. Glass is a cheap and good material to learn on.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline flungonin

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 06:32:54 pm »
Keep up the good word. It just gets better the more you do. Next thing is you'll be looking at the landscape rocks around fast food places and buisnesses.

Offline Clacker

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 07:32:33 pm »
I've already eyed some rock around my favorite drive through, honestly. There's no rock in my area, only mud, some clay, and beach sand. I've been ordering all my rock so far, need to find a landscape supply yard sometime. :P

Offline Tower

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 10:20:36 pm »
Hey Clacker very nice points for a newbie.   I'm an ole coastal boy myself. Kinda. Originally from Alvin Tx.  Hit your landscaping yards & but some bull rock.  Aka large river gravel.  Get yourself a turkey roaster. You will live the colors it will make . Knap On!
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Clacker

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 10:53:05 pm »
Alvin is about 30min or so from me, I'm planning on visiting one or two places that I think might have some knappable rock.

Offline Knapper

• David Atnip
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 06:24:38 pm »
Hey Clacker, Good to have you here on the PA forum. Lots of nice guys and tons of knowledge here. Not from me but from the others. Sure you'll like it here.
Knapper
Ad Dare Servire
PM104250

Offline 4dog

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 11:26:54 am »
Hey Clacker!!   not bad points!!   come to somerville this weekend fir the Yegua bow bust!...gonna be some knapping going on...we can both pick up some pointers!! (see what i did there)...more info on the events page.
"SET" is always there !!!