Author Topic: Post Your Classic Pics  (Read 7401 times)

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
Re: Post Your Classic Pics
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2014, 11:47:28 am »
Cheers Rich, I've had a little shoot with the native bow you left for me, oh yes... I've just got to figure out how to lure a deer into my garage overnight and I can get me some huntin' >:D
JW hadn't shot for a while, but he soon zoned in with that bow. He then tried the one that's waiting for you, that put a big grin on his face, he said it answered all those people who say there's no truth that a longbow is smoother and more stable. His groups size went right down with the longbow. Made me laugh too, he tried a shot for distance with the Hazel bow... I couldn't stop him in time... I shouted higher higher, you'll drop it in the woods! Sure enough another arrow lost ::) I don't think he realized how much cast that flimsy bit of Hazel had.
I'll post some pics in the Bows section later.
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2014, 12:14:02 pm »
Here's me checkin' my haul of goodies.
I had to spend some time trimming those stave to fit in my plastic drain pipe for the flight but I got it all in.
mmmm mmmm smell those feathers prrrrrr
Bow, arrows and stone knife from Rich.
Burlington Chert point from Stringman (and of course the Yew stave I was fussin over)
Yeller stave from the Osage Outlaw, that's way cool to get one from that HUGE tree that yielded hundreds of stave.
HHB stave from Eric and Steve... or was it Steve and Eric? :laugh:
CDs from Will H. DVD from Gary Davis... I got my Bow of the Month hat :laugh: and loads of PA mags.
Twin Oaks T shirt, hat and baseball cap from Joanie
You guys are the best...
Of course I only transmogrify back into a cat when I'm in the comfort of my own home :o
Del
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 12:22:17 pm by Del the cat »
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2014, 03:32:29 pm »
Glad you got it all back across the pond Dell.  Looks like you done well.  Now you know what all the fuss is about when people talk about the Classic.  Its not just a great event, the people is what makes it so special, both the staff and the attendees.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

JacksonCash

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2014, 06:47:23 pm »
I really wish I would have been able to make it. If work would have stayed on schedule, I was way too busy to go. By the time work decided it was going to delay everything, it was too late to get my plans situated.

Offline 4dog

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2014, 07:12:43 pm »
 couple more
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2014, 10:06:30 pm »
 8)
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2014, 10:16:19 pm »
nice pics Del, hopefully you and JW are going to collaborate on a article about getting you over and everything

Actually, collaboration may not be the correct term.  I think it actually may approach the definition of a criminal conspiracy. 

When I shot the 50# @ 28" ELB that Del brought over for Rich/half eye, I literally made the three best shots of my life in quick succession.  The 30 yd bale took three arrows in a 6" group, pretty close to dead center.  The arrows were my full length 32" Tred Barta arrows from 3Rivers, and they matched spine to the bow rather well because the arrow flight was as pure and fine as anything that found in a mason jar down there.  An absolute pleasure to shoot.  Rich will love it so much he won't even be tempted to saw it in half and make two of his little mini bows from it!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline half eye

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2014, 10:44:57 pm »
You sir are a heritic, cut an English long bow down.....shame on you :o :o :o >:D Understand you two hooligans wasn't likin that midget bow too much though ;)
rich

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2014, 10:54:42 pm »
Rich, I would consider it an honor to own some of the stuff swept up off the floor of your shop! 

If you can't seem to figure out what to do with that ELB, lemme know and I will drive out there and personally take possession of it!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline nclonghunter

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2014, 05:44:07 pm »
Bryan and Kelsey (sic) picking and grinnin'
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline Zuma

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2014, 08:22:31 pm »
Big thanks for the pics and banter.
No wonder they call it the "Classic"
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2014, 04:40:02 pm »
I was too busy learning stuff while everyone was there but Sunday evening there was just a handful of people left and I got out and took some pictures of the area.

Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2014, 05:14:20 am »
Thanks Tim,glad you made it home safe. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline 4dog

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2014, 08:41:43 am »
great meeting ya Tim...we both need to get there earlier next year!!
"SET" is always there !!!