Author Topic: Nicholson rasp question  (Read 4372 times)

Offline PatM

Re: Nicholson rasp question
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2014, 08:28:14 pm »
We go for quality instead of quantity when it comes to bowyer's. You guys can "borrow" Gordon, but don't kid yourselves that he's really one of you. ;)

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2014, 01:01:56 am »
 >:( The Brazilian shit ain't American but not as worthless as you are trying to make it sound. It plugs up quicker than the earlier version but if the wood is dry stead of wet the rasp doe's  it's job..
I've got a couple Brazilian 49's that work fine so quit spreading rumors.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2014, 08:18:46 am »
I'm not trying to spread rumors.  I've used the exact same model rasps side by side, one American made and one Brazilian made and I could tell a difference.  That's my experience with them.  You may have better luck.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2014, 08:28:45 am »
I'm just wondering about the quality since its made in Canada. 

Now you know why Marc's bow looks like they do, he is just doing the best he can with the tools available....;)

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Badger

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2014, 02:20:58 pm »
  I have both an American version and a brazilion version. I prefer the American but the Brazil model still works fine. We have a place nearby that sharpens them with some kind of acid treatment I think they will also retemper. I have been planning to send mine in but have yet to do so. The lady on the phone claims she does the nicholsons all the time and customers claim they come back better than new.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2014, 10:24:27 pm »
You can take your files and rasps and resharpen them by annealing them, soak in Muratic acid and then heat temper them again. There is an older gentleman that does it near me and they come back sharp.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?