Author Topic: Fill the raffle table  (Read 2975 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Fill the raffle table
« on: May 08, 2014, 01:25:11 am »
   Pappy told me this morning that the hickory backed lemonwood ALB, side quiver and 3 antique Bear arrows(thanks Pearlie) brought $700 to the raffle able. Boy, did that make me proud. I'm so happy that I can contribute to making the Classic the premier Southeastern Trad Archery Shoot. Just think of the funds we could raise if everyone donated something to the raffle table.  8)
 If you build bows, build one for the table. If you knap, donate a set of points or a stone knife. If you make arrows, make 3 cane hunting arrows or a set of cedars for Twin Oaks. If you make good jelly, make an extra jar for the table. Stimulate your bees for a little extra honey. How about that osage, mulberry or HHB stave you have in the corner. That old quiver you never use anymore. You get the point?
 Whatever you can do to help Pappy and the Twin Oaks guys keep Twin Oaks and the Tennessee Classic going. Just think what all that new gravel costs, all those new targets each year, all those porta-johns and pumpings, electricity, nice hot shower. You get the point? We all make lots of stuff each year. Make one more for Twin Oaks next year. I'm gonna. I'm gonna try to top this years effort.
  And you know what, I have to thank Pearlie for giving the antique Bear arrows to me. They shot so well from the bow, I had to let go with it. Also I'd like to thank James Parker. James gave me the lemonwood stave a few years ago. When I decided to make it into an ALB I also decided to donate it to Twin Oaks. It was easy as pie!
 Lets see what we can do. Lets see if we can fill 4 tables instead of the 2 this year.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bubby

Re: Fill the raffle table
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 03:06:57 am »
Heck of a ideas Pat, I'll have to mark the calendar to start something to send , it's a great way to be a part of the classic of you can't be there, bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline TRACY

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 06:53:57 am »
Well said Pat!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

blackhawk

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 06:55:05 am »
Agreed  8)

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 07:36:59 am »
I hope the little pine needle basket I made brought in a few bucks.  I agree it's a great thing to help out how ever we can.
Bone
Venice Florida

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 08:22:25 am »
Count me in Pat! I have all the bows Ill ever need, and a few back ups. No reason I cant start donating some. Im bringing one to Marshall for Guy to raffle off in a few weeks. Its worth every ounce of sweat equity poured into them when they are donated. Whether I yank SEVEN HUNDRED BUCKS for the club is another thing.

Good job Pat!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 09:04:31 am »
Point Taken Pat, I'll try to work something up for next year. A knife or something. dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 09:28:37 am »
Pat:  Well you made me feel bad because I never sent anything for the tables this year.  No excuse just short on time.  Have been thinking that next year I can bring my boat for a place to sleep and maybe after the Classic I can find a place to catch some crappie!  I think everyone would be surprised at how much it costs to put on the Classic!  Maybe can bring some elk meat!  Sounds like I missed the best ever Classic!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 09:45:31 am »
Joe, with your upcoming African trip you had plenty on your mind already. And, for me every Classic is the best ever.   ;)
Roger, your pine needle basket definitely added value to the raffle table. I bet your T shirt would bring a good bit too.   ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline wildman

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2014, 10:11:35 am »
I agree Pat ! I try to make a little something every year as a way to help out. I cannot imagne what it takes to pull it of $$$$$ wise. I talked to the fella who got my knife after the raffle( pleased as punch) . Two good feelings in one action! The new road work was awesome,by the way.
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2014, 10:14:38 am »
Pat
I wholeheartedly agree !!
I hate shipping so did not get anything there this year , but will find a way next year !
Thanks  for all you do Pappy , Miss Joanie, Twin oaks, and all the rest of you !
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2014, 10:21:59 am »
Thanks PatB,pretty humbling to me,but believe me very much appreciated. Roger the basket done very good, Beautiful work by the way,seems everything done extremely well this year and lots of exceptional items on the table,people just love hand made quality stuff,don't see much of that any more,this is a very talented bunch I hang out with that's for sure,I am always amazed at yalls work, as I said much appreciated. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2014, 10:29:04 am »
Noted Pat.
1’—>1’

Offline half eye

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2014, 01:17:47 pm »
Stuff falling off the truck all the time round here, I'm in for the next year's table also.
rich

Offline dlhamblin

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2014, 02:38:12 pm »
I have to keep up with half eye so count me in for a knife our a set of hunting points.  Maybe even both unless half eye is out of points killing critters.