Author Topic: Hideglue wanted  (Read 1974 times)

Offline Jake

Hideglue wanted
« on: April 21, 2014, 10:56:32 am »
I am needing some 'real' hideglue, not the blue tinged stuff from woodcrafters and others. I want at least a couple of pounds.

Offline Badger

Re: Hideglue wanted
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 11:38:24 am »
  Just buy unflavored gelatiin from the super market. That is pure food grade hide glue.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 11:45:07 am »
Google Dick Blick Art Supplies. They sell a 1# can of hide glue for not too much money and it is good stuff. The brand name is H. Behlem Ground Hide Glue(industrial gelatin).  That is all I've used on my last 3 or 4 sinew backed bows.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline adb

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 12:44:40 pm »
I've only done 1 sinew backed bow and I used Knox gelatin from the grocery store. It's very refined and uncontaminated and costs next to nothing.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 09:01:39 pm »
Do you want to trade for Hide glue and someone says, "okay, I have some", because I'd send you gelatin in a box,  or do you want a certain brand? I use Knox but mix in some rabbit glue granules I got a few years ago. It works great!
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Jake

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 02:01:39 pm »
Thanks, I am going to try the knox Gelatin on these couple of backings and will check into the source listed,

I used to get mine from Bernie Swank but he no longer deals in it.