Author Topic: Juniper from Bryce (tiller check?) anyone?!  (Read 22321 times)

Offline Blaflair2

Re: Juniper from Bryce (tiller check?)
« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2014, 11:14:29 am »
So I borrowed a string from another bow for low brace. It's about 4" in the pic. Drawn to about 45# @ 19". Shooting for 65#. Figure aim high and it'll settle a little lower.
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2014, 11:48:40 am »
Stiff in the middle and fades. Don't yank it anymore than you have and lower the brace so the string is just above the handle. Your taking set near the tips and that aint no good bruiser.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2014, 12:22:31 pm »
I suck  :'(

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2014, 12:24:44 pm »
Slow your roll man. Your not gaining a thing by skipping steps, well actually you are. Your gaining undue set;)
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2014, 01:35:15 pm »
I know I know. I'm trying. I think I got the left looking good. Need to get the right fade bending more. Anything else?

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #95 on: June 03, 2014, 01:57:21 pm »
Closer. Make those limbs move right up to each fade. Your going to need every stitch of bend you can get.

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #96 on: June 05, 2014, 11:31:13 am »
So I got it tillered out. Came in way light for what I was aiming for. 43#. If I yank it to my 30" draw it'll be closer. I was planning on adjusting my draw to 28" but I guess it wasn't meant to be. I'm happy with it. Gotta lighten the tips and put some horn on. Shape the handle and shoot the hell outta it. It takes about 2" of set and returns to flat. The tips return to slight reflex. Well it is what it is. Let me know how the tiller is and how disappointed u are by my weight  :'( lol thanks guys.

Offline Aaron H

Re: Juniper from Bryce (tiller check?) anyone?!
« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2014, 07:32:32 pm »
Tiller looks great

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2014, 08:46:10 pm »
Thanks. I can't wait to shoot it more than 3 times

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2014, 09:01:45 pm »
Tiller looks good to me.  Don't be too bummed about the weight man.  It'll be great for targets and game alike.  Lower weight means less strain to the archer.  Which CAN go a long way in accuracy.   :)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #100 on: June 05, 2014, 09:09:14 pm »
Tiller looks good at this distance. How did you go about losing all your weight? Myself, Ive made the mistake of assuming the sinew would add more weight than it did and I ended up too light, lesson learned there. Ive also just plain over tillered bows, more than once.

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2014, 09:53:28 pm »
Over tillered. And dropped my file on it  O:) so I had to take it down to get rid of the teeth marks.

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2014, 10:44:11 pm »
Function over form.  But I totally understand.