Author Topic: Yellow birch bow and osage static - last week's bows. Blame it on the classic  (Read 5979 times)

Offline IdahoMatt

Those are a fine couple of bows Howard.  I lithe the kid bow a lot.  Some one should be very happy :)

Offline PAHunter

• "If your not having fun, what's the point?" - Khan
    • Victory Before Combat (My YouTube Page)
Very nice man!  My hands are swore from burning off that pre classic energy as well.  Love the kids bow.  I'm going to try to make one like that for my little one soon.  See you at the classic!
Thanks,
Rob - Wexford, PA

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe". - Abe Lincoln

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Man I didn't know the Classic had such an effect,guess I better watch out for all the addicts showing up. :-\  Them are some really cool bows,the little static is sweet.Bend is prefect,the Birch is sweet also but that little bow is a real eye catcher,tell the wife I am sorry about that,hope you get it under control when you return. ??? NO I DON'T. ;) :) :) :) Nice work,looking forward to meeting you in person,I can already tell you are quite the character. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Josh B

I'm really diggin em both Howard!  I'm looking forward to shaking hands and howdyin' with ya!  Josh

Offline H Rhodes

Thanks Don.  It seems to be actual work that saps my energy levels.  Working on bows?  Heck, I am happy to do that till I fall over!  Are you not going to make it to the classic?

Thanks IdahoMatt.  Even though my son is all grown up, I still try to make a kid's bow every now and then - usually by accident. :)

Rob, Pappy, Josh - thank you guys.  I feel like I know y'all already, but I am sure looking forward to meeting you in person.  Won't be long now!   

Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline Badger

They both look nice, I never have tried yellow birch, I made some from a local birch years ago it seemed pretty good for such a light wood.

Offline H Rhodes

Thanks Badger.  Was that river birch that you tried?  That's all we have around these parts and I haven't tried it yet.  This yellow birch is a light weight wood, but surprisingly strong.  I am looking forward to trying a different style bow with it.
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline bubby

heck i'd be all jacked up like a spider monkey on mt dew if I was going to the classic too >:D
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline H Rhodes

heck i'd be all jacked up like a spider monkey on mt dew if I was going to the classic too >:D

Ha!  Funny how you sensed that I am a diet mountain dew freak!  Great bowmaker's drink - habit forming, tastes great, and enough caffeine to choke a horse.   
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline burchett.donald

No Howard, sadly to say I'm not going to make it this year...Life and work are keeping me on lock down, I really wish I could go and meet my friends face to face and shoot a few rounds. I know by seeing previous posts that you guys have a blast...I plan to go someday though. Have fun and hope you guys have a blast and the weather is beautiful for you.
                                                              Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Parnell

Those look real good Howard.  See you in TN. :)
1’—>1’

Offline Arrowind

Very nice.  Both of them. 
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

Offline H Rhodes

Well Don I hate that you aren't gonna make it this year.  Hope to meet you in the future.  Maybe you can make the classic next year. 

Thanks Parnell.  See you Thursday.

Thanks Arrowind.
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi