Author Topic: Intro to archery gone wrong  (Read 3212 times)

Offline chamookman

Re: Intro to archery gone wrong
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2014, 04:38:48 am »
Ouch !!!!!!!!!!!!
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2014, 08:03:22 am »
OO, this guy has no interest at all in archery or hunting either.  He was just drinking with his friends and one of their sons was shooting a bow.  He shot it on a dare.  He said he had a baseball size knot pop up on his fore arm.  I would gladly show him how to shoot a "real bow."  adb, that guy dang near tore it off, looks like.  Bet that was funny!! >:D
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2014, 08:19:30 am »
Ouch,that had to hurt when the feeling came back. :) Miss Joanie done the same thing,it was with a stick bow but that ended her archery.  :o :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline adb

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2014, 01:27:57 pm »
OO, this guy has no interest at all in archery or hunting either.  He was just drinking with his friends and one of their sons was shooting a bow.  He shot it on a dare.  He said he had a baseball size knot pop up on his fore arm.  I would gladly show him how to shoot a "real bow."  adb, that guy dang near tore it off, looks like.  Bet that was funny!! >:D

Yah... it was funny, but not funny. I felt bad for the guy after I stopped throwing up from laughing so hard! Watching him dance around on his tippy-toes rubbin' his nurp... I couldn't help it.  8)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2014, 03:08:01 pm »
Bet he's glad he wasn't wearing a nip ring like one of my buddies :ohe was almost crying when it tore out.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2014, 03:09:57 pm »
Nasty, nasty, nasty Greg! Back in the early/mid 80's I hade a Martin with the old tear drop connections on the cables ends. One broke and my arm looked dang close to that after a few days.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bowsandroses

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2014, 12:49:08 am »
My wife was practicing tree stand shooting back in the 90's from the shop roof. Her breast got in the way and it turned the whole thing black with a hint of blue. When I saw it I near cried. Sorry no pic. >:D That was in her wheelie days them things will hurt you but she still shoots today.
My two cents worth of wisdom
One who seeks solitude will find their inner spirit.

A man who speaks to critters is a man with an audience who listens
                                              Hugh Ridenour

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2014, 08:43:48 am »
That cracked me up, Adam. That description had me visualizing the event. My wife asked me what I was laughing about. ;D
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2014, 03:13:06 am »
He was good natured and laughed about it, but said he decided archery wasn't his thing.  City boys.  .  .  . I tell ya. ::)

Ouch!!! Cheap bow there.  ;D

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.