Author Topic: Just had THE talk with my son  (Read 5743 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Just had THE talk with my son
« on: April 14, 2014, 11:38:06 pm »
Diego's in the 5th grade and hearing a lot of things at school. I had the talk with him. I asked him, "what do you know about sex?"

He laughed, giggled and said, "oh it's all that kissing and stuff!"

One of the hardest things I've had to do, buy so thankful I did.

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Just had THE talk with my son
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 11:43:59 pm »
A good father tackles the tough jobs as well as having fun out shooting stuff and running around.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 11:56:16 pm »
Diego's in the 5th grade and hearing a lot of things at school. I had the talk with him. I asked him, "what do you know about sex?"

He laughed, giggled and said, "oh it's all that kissing and stuff!"

One of the hardest things I've had to do, buy so thankful I did.

Cipriano

You're lucky he didn't ask you what do you want to know, and if you would tell him what you already know, he could fill in the blanks for you. ;) ;D ;D ;D

Wayne

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 12:58:15 am »
About all I can remember from that talk was me going "that's disgusting dad, there's no way anybody is crazy enough to do that" :o ;D ;)
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 01:01:42 am »
A right of passage for both of you!  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 01:15:07 am »
I wish I had a son to have that talk with.... I have a 13 year old daughter.... The only talk I get to have with young men goes like this; did you know I was a sniper in the Marines!  >:D
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 01:20:33 am »
I never got the talk when I was young.  Might be why I took the accelerated pregnancy route to getting married  ;D
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Mohawk13

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 02:23:30 am »
Never had the talk either...Was Married and ignorant to the world....Wish My Dad had taken the time to warn me about My First Ex wife...Good for You for being a smart Dad...May save You from Being Granddad to soon...Knowledge is power
He That Raises the sword against us, Shall be cleaved upon seven fold-Talmud.

Offline seminolewind

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 05:27:05 am »
My dad never had the talk with me either but I managed to figure it out! Oh and I plan on putting what I learned into action here in about 2 days when I get home! My poor little 5'2" Portuguese spinner of a wife is gonna have to deal with 6'4" and eight months of pent up aggression  >:D that poor girl !!!
"Those that beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson

Elijah,
Tampa, FL.

Offline Crogacht

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 05:40:16 am »
I have 2 boys and a girl under 7, so I've got some time to figure that issue out I suppose, haha.

Seminole, good to hear you're coming back safely.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 06:19:41 am »
Good for you Cip. I never had that talk to me either, I just had to wing it.
I did instinctively know from an early age,I was going to like it. ;) ;D ;D
I had that talk with Beau when he was 10 or so, tough on me, I guess it went well enough,he made it through his teen years without any mishaps.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 08:57:51 am »
I had the talk with my oldest boy last year when we found two turtles in the act. I told him what was going on and he told me that mom had just had the talk with him and he was fully disgusted by the whole thing. Didn't understand how the hole was made.  :o I'll stop there.

good on you cip!!  dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline autologus

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 10:13:05 am »
I wish I had a son to have that talk with.... I have a 13 year old daughter.... The only talk I get to have with young men goes like this; did you know I was a sniper in the Marines!  >:D

I know what you mean, I have a 15 yo daughter, all you have to tell them is "son, I am not afraid to die for her are you?" "If you are don't do anything that would make me kill you."

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2014, 10:27:01 am »
I never got the talk when I was young.  Might be why I took the accelerated pregnancy route to getting married  ;D

Well Clint, as the old saying goes, " the first baby can show up anytime, the rest all take nine months."  Lol!  My first daughter showed up exactly 30 days after the honeymoon, so I reckon its true!  Lol!  My oldest three are girls.  For the most part, momma gets to have the talk with them.  The closest I have come to the talk with the girls is that I told them," if you bring a boy home to meet us and I take one look at him and tell him that he reminds me of myself at his age....you better tell him to get!  He's fixing to get shot!"   I do have to have the talk with my son in a few years.   I'm not exactly looking forward to that.  Josh

Offline Marks

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2014, 11:08:44 am »
My dad never had the talk with me either but I managed to figure it out! Oh and I plan on putting what I learned into action here in about 2 days when I get home! My poor little 5'2" Portuguese spinner of a wife is gonna have to deal with 6'4" and eight months of pent up aggression  >:D that poor girl !!!

Yall mark your calanders. Next January-February there may be a Seminole Jr. come out napping perfect mini arrowheads.