Author Topic: My first X bow - finished pics pg 2  (Read 11924 times)

Offline lostarrow

Re: My first X bow - finished pics pg 2
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2013, 12:18:22 pm »
That's awesome Shaun! One suggestion you may already know(dissregard if you do) .If you mark on the string where it falls on the edges of the stock  when cocked , your nocking point will be consistant. If the string moves one way or the other when cocking , it will shoot all over the place (left and right) .  Cross bows of this type tend not to self center. Beautiful job once again.

ps . you may want to check your local game laws regarding the use of crossbows. Thery are legal here in Ontario, but pretty specific on draw weight and length of bolt etc.

Offline danny f

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2013, 01:36:18 pm »
that looks awesome,i would love to make one of those.

Offline IsaacW

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2014, 05:08:21 pm »
With extreme interest and a question, I would like to drag up this older thread.  On a bow like this, do the bolts have nocks or does the string just push a flat back of the bolt?  I have been looking at Xbows with this type of trigger and am tempted to try building one.

IW
We shall never achieve harmony with land, any more than we shall achieve absolute justice or liberty for people. In these higher aspirations, the important thing is not to achieve but to strive.
Aldo Leopold

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2014, 05:34:36 pm »
Great job man.  That sure something on my bucket list.  You did it proud too.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2014, 09:22:00 pm »
Very cool cross bow!  ;)

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.