Author Topic: to perfect?  (Read 4818 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: to perfect?
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2014, 03:32:30 pm »
After a perfect tiller is attained, perfection is available in every bow in my eye. If a guy uses jute for a handle? Then make it wrap evenly and uniformly all around, don't wind it up until its covered. If a guy uses stitched leather grips? Make sure the stitching runs up and down perfectly. If a guy uses overlays? Make them blend perfectly into the back. If a guy doesn't use overlays make your grooves line up perfectly. If a guy wipes on his finish? Take your time and eliminate runs, its easy to do. Its all relative to your style, but it certainly doesn't mean bells and whistles are required to build a "perfect" bow. And, sandpaper removes tool marks nicely..:)
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Renacs

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2014, 06:50:29 pm »
To me. Its knowing when to stop. And call it good.

Offline Badger

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2014, 07:55:21 pm »
   I like the word par better than perfect when it comes to bows. I have a very specific number for each style of bow I like to hit that I consider par. If I surpass that number when building a bow specificaly for performance I am happy. When I don't hit par I know I screwed up somewhere.

Offline bubby

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2014, 08:11:22 pm »
when I posted my "ugly stick" bow, some thought it was beautiful, some not, some thought it was a perfect example of a primitive bow, what it comes down to is perception, there's a key for every lock, one man's beauty is another man's last call >:D, I try to make a perfect bow relating to ME, when you quit trying to achieve this you stop learning, and personally I don't want to stop learning, i'll get off the soapbox now :laugh:
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline missilemaster

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2014, 08:35:59 pm »
The way I look at it, God gave my a passion for building bows and I enjoy the process. If I dont give myself fully to building the best bow I possibly can, always try to improve, always try to learn, I'm just cheating myself.

If you strive for second class, you will get there every time!

Strive to build first class bows! Most will not be perfect but that should be the engine to drive you to improve.

Always remember though,beauty is in the eye of the beholder,do the best YOU are capable of.

Cody
All men die,  few men ever really live.

Real men love Jesus.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2014, 09:38:45 pm »
I think I'd rather have "perfect" arrows than a bow!  Fun conversation...

I have to agree the "arrow" makes the bow "perfect" harmony ...........................
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking