Author Topic: Holy forgotten staves!!!  (Read 1582 times)

Offline IsaacW

Holy forgotten staves!!!
« on: April 14, 2014, 11:18:36 am »
I was down visiting my parents with the whole family and my dad mentioned that I had a bunch of bow staves in the garage rafters that I had put there and wondered if I still wanted them.   I forgot that I had put them there (almost 20 years ago).  Anyway, there were 7 Hackberry staves and a dozen Hickory staves.  Looking them over, a few were a bit knotty and ugly, but a number were really nice.  Even the ugly ones should get a short bow or be fodder for my desire to build a crossbow.  Hmmm...  I can't believe I forgot about this little treasure, buried away!   :o
We shall never achieve harmony with land, any more than we shall achieve absolute justice or liberty for people. In these higher aspirations, the important thing is not to achieve but to strive.
Aldo Leopold

Offline adb

Re: Holy forgotten staves!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 11:23:53 am »
Like finding a fiver in the pocket of a coat you haven't worn for a while!

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 11:27:17 am »
Yep,about every year when I clean up the shop ;) ;D I find something ,and think ,man I forgot all about that. Love it when that happens. Sometimes I put it back up ,and dang forget about it again until next clean up. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 12:36:40 pm »
Pappy, kinda like the Friendship bows. ::)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 03:35:42 pm »
Ya think he will let you hang 'em up there a little longer until they are done curing out?   >:D 

A little longer won't hurt 'em and you can call 'em Legacy Staves when you hand 'em off to your grandkids!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline IsaacW

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 04:36:37 pm »
Ya think he will let you hang 'em up there a little longer until they are done curing out?   >:D 

A little longer won't hurt 'em and you can call 'em Legacy Staves when you hand 'em off to your grandkids!

HA!!!
We shall never achieve harmony with land, any more than we shall achieve absolute justice or liberty for people. In these higher aspirations, the important thing is not to achieve but to strive.
Aldo Leopold

Offline bowsandroses

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 11:28:57 pm »
Man I never have that kind of luck! Whenever I say man I forgot I put that their, It's usually either when digging in the fridge :o or in a cupboard realizing it should of been in the fridge :o :-[ >:D           Hugh
My two cents worth of wisdom
One who seeks solitude will find their inner spirit.

A man who speaks to critters is a man with an audience who listens
                                              Hugh Ridenour