Author Topic: central texas gtg!! Yegua Bow Bust!  (Read 61465 times)

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
Re: central texas gtg!! Yegua Bow Bust!
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2014, 12:23:57 pm »
hey Fellas,

be on the lookout for George!
he should be in your camping area now looking for you...

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2014, 12:26:46 pm »
What camp site are you guys at because we are driving around the park and we find you
St Paul, TX

Offline 4dog

« Reply #107 on: May 17, 2014, 11:19:10 pm »
tell ya what...the Classic is awesome...but they aint got a Gus!!!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 11:22:24 pm by 4dog »
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2014, 06:23:25 pm »
Don't be cutting my darn oak trees down!!!!! Salvage yard owner/mini flea market owner/ miniature horse breeder/Craigslist come work for free poster.
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2014, 07:43:50 pm »
That was some fun! Sorry we didn't get back in time to say goodbye to most of you. Now to nurse the sunburn a bit...

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Tower

« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2014, 08:11:09 pm »
Gentlemen I had a blast.   I hope we do it again!
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Josh B

« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2014, 08:31:05 pm »
I hope you guys were better about taking some pics than I was at the classic.   I was kinda bummed that I missed this gathering by less than a week.  Having sampled Gus's culinary expertise, I am certain that no one went hungry while there.   Maybe next year.   Josh

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2014, 08:37:58 pm »
Great time!  Great food!  Great fun!  Enjoyed getting to know everyone, and Gus, that chow last night rocked. Thanks to 4dog for putting this together, great job.
And for those that are curious, yes ink is just as you pictured him, 4 ft 2, 75 lbs, rings in his lip and covered with with tattoos. Perfect PA handle man!  Enjoyed hanging with your mom and pop. Looking forward to next year!
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline Ink

• Jason Chollett
re
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2014, 09:30:48 pm »
So wrong slimbob  :laugh: I had a blast as well and am looking forward to next years GTG. I will say that saturday nights supper was the best meal i've ever had. Gives me chills just thinking about it. Currently working on getting all the pics from my folks. Will post them in the campfire section as soon as i get them. She said there was a lot of them and she's a great photographer so the should be really well taken
Chew Motrin, drink water, drive on

Offline Ink

• Jason Chollett
re
« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2014, 09:32:19 pm »
I hope you guys were better about taking some pics than I was at the classic.   I was kinda bummed that I missed this gathering by less than a week.  Having sampled Gus's culinary expertise, I am certain that no one went hungry while there.   Maybe next year.   Josh

Gundoc you really need to make it next year. You'll have  great time.
Chew Motrin, drink water, drive on

Offline Newindian

« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2014, 10:19:37 pm »
And those that ended up with boomerangs should know that they are quite beautiful when finished for a price of fire wood, hope yours have as much blue as mine
I like free stuff.

Offline 4dog

« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2014, 10:35:00 pm »
Wow,,,just wow!!!!   Iam so overwhelmed with happy type feelings,,what a blast!!
How can I sum up the very FIRST Yegua Bow Bust!   Awesomd kinda tickles it but cant do it justice....so many gpod times.
   I realy want to thanl Ink for everything he did from bringing personal tools  to borrowing th 3D targets,,your a good friend brother,,even though your an irritating cuss...lol
Brazos Valley archery club for donating targets..whats an archery event wighout targets!!!
Gus,,,holy cow,,what a gent and a cook...spent most of his time being both....mmmm rattler!
   I just want to say it was an honor and a priveledge meeting all the guys from PA and your families ,,thank you ever so much for coming and starting this adventure with me. yall will never know how much i needed to do this for yall and myself!!!
   I will have more to say later on this when i get soe sleep ...lol.
One last thing fornow...Pappy ..i get it...i really do...why yall do the Classic...i just really get it!!
ill never forget your wise words that helped get tbis rolling..excuse me...word...and i quote...
"IMPROVISE" ,,, many thanks again to everyone...and see yall next year  Good Lord Willing! 

Offline 4dog

« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2014, 10:45:39 pm »
NewIndian thanks for the boomerrang..hope i figure out how to use it..that is..without killin my youngself!..will finish it up and post pics!!

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #118 on: May 19, 2014, 08:58:12 am »
Glad it was a success Eric. Sounds like it went real good. Proud of ya Buddy!! dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #119 on: May 19, 2014, 09:46:45 am »
What an amazing time Diego and I had!!!!  It was great to see old friends again: Gus, George, and Tower.  I also had the honor of making many more friends.  I enjoyed everyone's company, fellowship, and hospitality.  Great great folks.  We ate like kings and played like hooligans.  I even came home with a new sledge hammer handle.  A real MAN'S handle and a load of hickory.  Thank you Ink!!!  Diego made a new friend in Jacob.  Nice young man.  I am ready to do it again.  We had a gourmet chef and the hospitality of royalty. 

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.