Author Topic: New bow in the works, plus a quick question...  (Read 1347 times)

Offline Cloudfeather

New bow in the works, plus a quick question...
« on: March 28, 2014, 03:18:35 pm »
This is a new Osage I'm working on, was spliced together from two billets of a small(4" approx) tree. The rings are ridiculously tight, plus I decrowned it slightly, so it's getting a sinew backing with prairie rattlesnake skins.

My question is this: I am running the sinew just past the fade on the static recurve but would like to run the snake skins the entire length. Should I lay the skins over the tip and then slice around the tip with a razor blade? I've included pics, any help is appreciated.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: New bow in the works, plus a quick question...
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 03:20:20 pm »
That's my method.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Cloudfeather

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 03:22:12 pm »
Thanks, Pearl. I thought I recalled you or someone else doing it that way, couldn't recall though.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 03:28:31 pm »
I usually don't spread glue right to the tips. Ill leave maybe 1/2" loose so I can trim them nicely, then super glue that last little bit down when Im done trimming.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Cloudfeather

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 03:33:17 pm »
Was kind of thinking that myself, to keep from having to clean TB from the tips when all is said and done. Thanks for the info. Will be posting more of this in the coming weeks.