Author Topic: One of a kind hand made gift!  (Read 1203 times)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
One of a kind hand made gift!
« on: March 24, 2014, 11:49:29 pm »
Guys I would like to share with you a tool that a guy I work with made me. He use to work at basspro in their metal shop. He is an awesome artist when it comes to metal working.

I had been talking to him about my bow making and I think I have him converted. He told me he made a bow years ago and his son broke it.
I was telling him last week that I have been looking at every flee market and antique shop around for a spoke shave with no luck. He told me that he used a section of a metal cutting band saw blade (the back of it) to scrape with. It sounded like an idea so we went over to the metal shop at work and found one. It was a little thinner and pretty flexible. Somewhere that day he picked it up and took it home. The next morning when I got to work he had made this to hold the blade.

He told me this was a gift and he made it because I inspired him with my passion about wood working.

I will say that it is an absolute dream to use and it scrapes with minimal pressure or force. It takes nice long curles too.

He is left handed and I think I'm going to make him an American flat bow for a gift from me. He mentioned that he really likes that style of bow. Hopefully I can get one made because I have never made one yet. Patrick.   
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 11:54:04 pm by lebhuntfish »
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: One of a kind hand made gift!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 12:09:35 am »
Oooh!  I wanna try it out!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 12:55:04 am »
Well if you ever get to see it in person just ask and I will sure let ya! I will have it at MoJam!
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 05:00:41 pm »
Nice.  That looks handy.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN