Author Topic: It's All About The South  (Read 14613 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: It's All About The South
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2014, 11:59:19 am »
Hockey is a cool game if you watch it Live. It is confusing on TV if you don't understand the rules.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline adb

« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2014, 03:54:45 pm »
Hockey is a cool game if you watch it Live. It is confusing on TV if you don't understand the rules.

Yah... if you're a Yank!  ;D ;D ;D Remember years back, when they had a purple glow around the puck on TV, so you guys could follow the game??  :o :o

Yah know, Eddie... if you ever get up this way again (Alberta's not far from here) we should sit down and discuss this further over a pint of Canadian beer!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 04:00:58 pm by adb »

Offline adb

« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2014, 03:57:35 pm »
I think I speak for most of the South when I say you can keep your hockey. I'd rather have my Football.

Football is pretty small potatoes up here. Season is too short, there's only 8 teams, and a football is like a brick when it's -20. I agree... the only real NA football is the NFL. We gotta play somethin' over the 8 months of winter... I guess hockey is it.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 04:01:52 pm by adb »

Offline Marks

« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2014, 04:29:43 pm »
I'm just messing. Hockey is alright. My brother goes and watched a local team where we live all the time.
I can do Hockey but Canadian football is just weird. I haven't been able to figure that sport out.

Canada's not too bad. You make good Ginger Ale and I like your geese but for crying out loud would you please take Justin Beiber back! haha.

Offline adb

« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2014, 06:34:47 pm »
NO! You guys can keep that a-hole! No way... we don't want him back. I can't believe he's even allowed in the USA anymore. Any of us pulled the shite he has, we'd be punted out so hard we'd still be bouncing. Somebody should give him a slap upside the head... hard.

CFL?... kinda the same. Bigger field, only 3 downs, uprights are at the front of the end zone, and a few other quirky rules... but basically the same. Not really my thing. Certainly not the hype (or money) generated by the NFL. Most of my friends watch NFL football. I actually used to be a pretty big Dallas Cowboys fan. Followed them for a few seasons in the 90s.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 06:40:24 pm by adb »

Offline stickbender

« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2014, 06:52:13 pm »

Patches, your ancestors, and mine must have known each other.  My ancestors came from England, in the early 1600's, and supposedly were the first settlers in Connecticut.  Supposed to be a Bible in one of the towns, with my Ancestors names in it.  A relative did a Genealogy search, and went to England and did some research there.  We came from a town called Wooten Under Edge.  Pretty little town, and area.  I have been there.  But from Connecticut, my ancestors went to Texas, and then to Georgia, where they were literally dirt farmers.  The will of the first ancestor Thomas, left a whole lot of land, and cattle, and horses, to his daughter, and just a little money, and land a cattle and horses to his son.  Which shows what a scoundrel the son must have been.  It was not done in those days, to leave anything but a dowry to the daughter.  There is evidence of kimberlys being in England back to 1550, and even further, but the name is spelled differently, with an l-e-y, instead of the current ly, before 1550.  The first Ancestor to come over, was Thomas, and was a captain of the Queens guard.  I asked my Dad once, how our ancestors went from being very wealthy, to dirt farmers.  He said Women, and Booze!  Well, at least they didn't waste their money. ;) ::)

Wayne

Offline stickbender

« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2014, 06:55:03 pm »

I do like the Canadian beer.  Moose head, Grizzly, and LaBlatts.

Wayne

Offline adb

« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2014, 07:33:19 pm »
I like Canadian beer too! My fav is Molson's pilsner.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2014, 11:23:19 pm »

Yepher, add that one to my list also.  I thought there was another one. ;)

Wayne

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2014, 10:54:37 am »
I actually used to be a pretty big Dallas Cowboys fan. Followed them for a few seasons in the 90s.

Adam...If I remember correctly, that's when they were winning, wasn't it?  ::)
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline adb

« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2014, 11:41:54 am »
I can't remember that far back and I haven't followed NFL since!!

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2014, 03:45:54 am »
We get to sit in our backyards up here in the frozen north, watch our hockey stars decimate the rest of the world, drink a decent brew of beer, and watch with great amusement the goings-on south of the border. Carry on my southern neighbours!  8)

Hockey...

Is that the one where they slide a Rock down the Ice whilst Sweepin' ahead of it with Whisk Brooms?

>:D

-gus

And I Can Skin a Buck, I Can Run a Trotline... and A Country Boy Can Survive...   O:)
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2014, 11:08:02 pm »

I do like the Canadian beer.  Moose head, Grizzly, and LaBlatts.

Wayne
:o  BUSCH,,BUSCH  MERICAN  BEER  :)
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline stickbender

« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2014, 12:46:23 am »
     Well Rick, I drink PBR, and Millers.  But I do like the Canadian beers too.  I give credit where credit is due.  The Canadians make some fine beer.  I like Carling Black Label also.  I also like the Chinese beer, Tsing Tao, the Japanese beer, Kirin, and the Mexican beers, Dos Equi, and Tecate'.  But not that Yuppie crap corona! I also like the German beers, and Italian beers. You and my neighbor would get along great.  Busch is all he drinks.  I don't care for Bud, or Busch.  But if it is offered and that is all there is , then I will drink it.  But I like PBR, and Miller.  I like PBR, as it has a REAL beer flavor, with no bite, like Bud.  My Girlfriend drinks Michelobe Ultra....... with ICE!!  :P   She drank some of my PBR once, and said she doesn't know how I can drink it, as it just too strong.  Well when you drink a watered down beer, with more water, yeah, a "REAL" beer tastes a little strong! ::)  I am having a PBR at the moment with a nice salad, of mixed greens, sweet onions, Greek olives stuffed with garlic, and Jalepinos, capers, Feta cheese, anchovies, avocado, Italian seasoning, basil, red wine vinegar, and coconut oil.  Some times I will throw in some uncured cooked bacon, and a hard boiled egg, but didn't tonight.  I was debating to have a nice chunk of sharp cheddar cheese, and a tin of anchovies, with another PBR, but I think I will hold off and enjoy that little treat tomorrow, as I have a nice hot cup of green tea, cooling as I eat my salad, and drink my PBR!  As for American beer, I will take PBR over all the other beers I have tasted.  Just my personal taste.  But I do enjoy other beers also, especially if there isn't any PBR available. ;)

Wayne
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 01:00:35 am by stickbender »

Don Case

« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2014, 01:53:19 am »
Way back in the late 60's early 70's there was a beer strike in B.C. The government(at the time all booze was gov't controlled) started bringing in beer from all over Canada and the U.S. One truckload came(I believe) from the southern states somewhere. It was Falstaff Beer. I really, really liked Falstaff. During the strike beer was rationed, you could only get 2 dozen a visit. We only had it for 2 weeks. Is it still available? Does anyone else drink it? Is it considered good beer/ I've been on the wagon for 25 years now but I'd sure be tempted by a cold Falstaff.
Don