Author Topic: Recipe I Worked out Today  (Read 1267 times)

Offline Mohawk13

Recipe I Worked out Today
« on: March 27, 2014, 06:04:50 pm »
DAY BEFORE PAY DAY GOURMET

Cupboards and freezer a bit bare and not sure what to make for dinner...Try this easy recipe.

Need:
2-3 Boneless Chicken Breasts
4-5 Slices of Bacon
Jar of Alfredo Sauce
Pasta Noodles of Your choice

Step one: Lightly cook Bacon. We want it just a touch cooked, but not crispy.

Step two: Par boil Chicken breasts with a bit of lemon pepper and curry. Not 100% done, a bit pink in the middle..

Step three: Remove bacon from fry pan and slice into small pieces, dice chicken and finish cooking in bacon grease. When done..Drain away grease

Step four: Add diced chicken and bacon into Alfrado sauce and simmer in a medium pan for one hour.

Step five: Boil pasta til done and drain...

Step six: Either mix Alfrado/Bacon/Chicken into pasta noodles or ladle over noodles. Presentation is key, so I ladle over noodles

Step seven: Enjoy with a light red or White Zin wine...

Ham can be substituted for bacon, but it is what I had in My fridge...So I went with that..

Warning...If You are vegan, skip all steps and eat Tofu...
He That Raises the sword against us, Shall be cleaved upon seven fold-Talmud.

Offline BOWMAN53

Re: Recipe I Worked out Today
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 06:13:00 pm »
my favorite dish at my favorite italian place is a chicken, spinach and peperoni alfredo. delicious

Offline Mohawk13

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 12:43:03 am »
Hate to toot My own horn, But it turned out well...Had some home made corn bread on the side..Mrs. Loved it...I cook in our house and like to experiment...esp. when the cupboards get a bit bare...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 06:53:12 am »
Man that sounds good,but it don't sound like your curbed is to bare. When mine is bare I eating crackers and water. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 09:08:33 am »
Here's a recipe for a "man salad" for two.
Me and my son use it when Mrs Cat is out and we eat man food.
Remove a tomato from fridge.
Cut in half.
Serve.
Del
(Note this can be stretched to serve 4 men if you cut it in quarters ;)
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline WillS

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 09:29:13 am »
Y'know if you wrap the chicken breasts in the bacon, cover with a thin layer of butter and lemon juice and season, whack them in the oven for 25 mins at 180 then chop up, boil the pasta and drain, throw the pasta in the dish you roasted the chicken in and toss through with some sauce you get a similar but totally authentic Italian peasants dish.  Cooking the chicken IN the bacon is a winner, it gives the most insane flavour, and tossing the pasta in the juices from the chicken, bacon, lemon and seasoning love-fest is like going to heaven with each gulp.

Offline Mohawk13

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 11:51:44 am »
Wills.....Sounds good..May have to try that...

Honestly cupboards were pretty bare..It was all the meat I had. I only had one chicken breast, 4 slices of bacon and a can of progresso garlic soup starter. Had to thicken it with the small amount of dried mashed potato's I had left..and the pasta was the stale stuff from the way back of the cupboard....Corn bread was a bit dry as I had to sub olive oil for butter...of to go shopping this afternoon...Little bit broke from buying land....As I picked up the 23 acres in Oregon and the piece in TN.....There goes My fun money for about 10 years...Look for some good trades from me in the future...LOL

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 08:40:51 pm »
Chicken carbonara alfredo!  Pretty dang close to my recipe.  I simmer the chicken breasts on low in a covered skillet with some white wine, reduce the white wine to almost nothing before mixing it all together!

You can toast breadcrumbs and sprinkle that over the finished dish for a little panache and to add a little textural counterpoint. 

Dang, now I am hungry again!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline bubby

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2014, 08:17:04 pm »
what works great with corn bread is substitute creamed corn for the milk, if you need a little milk that's fine, dice up some pickled jalapenos mix well put a cast iron skillet in the oven and get it good and hot, pour the batter in , put some chunks of butter around the top and bake it till done, I guarantee you will love it
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹