Author Topic: DOG's!!!  (Read 4114 times)

Offline bowsandroses

DOG's!!!
« on: March 20, 2014, 02:09:18 am »
Sunday was a great day, I cooked a roast in my Dutch oven outside while I forged me a new machete. Monday evening I cut out my pieces for a handle out of Elk antler and African Mahogany. Tuesday I redone it because I goofed the glue up. Tonight I got it ready for the glue up and went in the house for a riffler file to do a few cosmetic touch ups on the tang. That is when the dog come in to play. I got back out done my touch ups and where is my handle hmmmm? I go get my head lamp cause Sly I'm sure is the cuprite, that's my dogs name for darn good reasons. after a 20 min. search yep there it is all chewed up. Two days down and all I can do is start over and repeat over and over I love my dog I love my dog. ;D Can't much blame the little corker I know the way he is and I still left it in his reach. :'( The worst of it is when I go shed hunting he don't help at all, he's hunt'n furry things. But when we get home he's hunt'n the horns I already found the little >:D >:D >:D >:D. Aint critters funny  >:( ??? ::) ;D
My two cents worth of wisdom
One who seeks solitude will find their inner spirit.

A man who speaks to critters is a man with an audience who listens
                                              Hugh Ridenour

Offline Gsulfridge

Re: DOG's!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 08:01:41 am »
Maybe he thought the antler was a little too thick and was just working it down for you! :laugh:
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 08:28:52 am »
Yep,been there,my dog Sally will chew up anything that ant tied down and my Lab
Hannah that I lost last year was the same,she once chew up some flint arrow heads. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 08:53:00 am »
I remember when she chewed up Chris' turkey spur necklace. I think he was a little upset. ::)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 09:00:44 am »
Ya and several folks Turkey beards,including DaveO's,Chris found spurs all over the camp area. ;) ;D ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 09:25:51 am »
In my house its the cat I have to watch out for.  I can't leave anything out or he takes off with it.  Its hard to put something up high enough where a cat can't get to it. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 03:07:28 pm »
I feel your pain! I was making up some bows and arrows for a movie project last summer and I had loaded them in the vehicle to deliver to the head armorer. 

Meanwhile, the dog I was fostering hopped in the Jeep and in under 10 minutes had wrecked two dozen Sioux style arrows, a sinew backed horsebow, and 3 eaglebone (plastic replicas) whistles!  There went $800 down the crapper!  I had to whip stuff out over the next 18 hours to replace it and nothing was good enough to be used in close-ups.  I felt so bad I told the armorer I refused to take payment for any of the stuff I had finished. There went the rest of the $1,200 worth of work! 

But I did adopt the dog!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Stoker

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 05:36:17 pm »
Coupla years ago when I shot a elk... Cleaned all the sinue and had it drying.. Bout a week latter noticed the dog chewing on something... The last peice of leg sinue... Hanging it alot higher now
Thanks leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 06:36:52 pm »
I like dogs but I don't like them that much
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 08:58:55 pm »
 :o Wow, I just saw this post "DOGS" and my mind went to Bows, without seeing that it came from " around the campfire". 

Saw Marc's response:

I like dogs but I don't like them that much

And I just about 5417 my pants.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Otis

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 10:43:05 pm »
I still miss Hanna Pappy.  I look at Molly every day and think about her. I still wonder what you did to that litter of pups though. She ain't nothing like her momma. :)  See ya in a little over a week. I can't wait.

David

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2014, 09:25:04 pm »
Didn't CalendarGirl's daughter take one of that litter, Pappy?
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline rover brewer

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2014, 08:38:17 am »
I feel dogs are a gift from God, yes I know some of the things they can do like peeing on your best shoes or boots, chewing up your best whatever.but at the end of the day when you are worn out worst day ever who comes over and seems to understand. and even when they have been bad and they get a spanking or a good talking to do they not come back to you and in their own way say I,m sorry, when your sick do they come and just be with you understanding.When my mom was on her last days I would bring my dog over and he would go to her and lay beside her until we would be ready to go. I have 3 dogs and they have done all the above , I would not take anything for them, on my worst day ever I have all 3 come up and lie on my lap and understand.
john 3:16

Offline chamookman

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2014, 04:50:56 am »
Lock Your Wife/Girlfriend and Your Dog in the trunk of the Car for a couple of hours and then open it. Guess who will happy to see You  >:D O:) O:) O:)! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Wiley

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2014, 12:20:07 pm »
Me and a buddy got permission to hunt a friend's property, and managed to get 2 deer. Got one quartered up and in the cooler, at some point into the 2nd one we noticed that one of the hind quarters was no longer in the cooler. Turns out our friend's sneaky redbone coonhound had snuck up behind us, grabbed hold of one, and ran off with it. Left it sitting next to another one of his dogs like it was trying to frame it and play all innocent about it.

Gotta watch them dogs around the meat. Especially spoiled rotten hunting dogs, at least he left it somewhere we could find it instead of taking off down the mountain to enjoy his prize. I'm pretty certain if we hadn't caught him he would have gone back for the rest of it.