Author Topic: red elm five curve bow  (Read 22880 times)

Offline PrimitiveTim

Re: red elm five curve bow
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2014, 08:45:58 pm »
Consider me inspired.  That things awesome looking.  When i attempt I might make it a little longer lol
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline NeolithicMan

• No beliefs, just ideas
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2014, 08:54:07 pm »
Sweet little flinger there
John, 40-65# @ 28" Central New York state. Never enough bows, never enough arrows!

Offline Peacebow_Coos

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2014, 08:59:44 pm »
Nice work Gun Doc!

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2014, 10:47:24 pm »
Awesome!
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

Offline seminolewind

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2014, 01:00:06 am »
Thank you Mr. Burchett!  Much appreciated Sir!

Seminolewind-thank you for the kind words as well Sir.  More importantly thank you for your service!  The deflex bends are heated in.  With the setback handle and flipped tips, I doubt the bow could be braced without deflexing the limbs.  If you don't mind waiting a day or two, I'll get out my crayons and draw up some illustrations and explain the way I do it.  I'd do it now, but I gotta get rolling towards Alabama with a hot load.  Then on to New Orleans for a load to Kansas city.  Busy busy!  Josh

That 5 curve prairie rattler is the sexiest bow ever man ! I would like to see a tutorial. I have culls for bending in the curves myself but am curious mostly about the handle portion in order to get it to bend outward at the handle how is your basic handle design? Is it pretty thin? Do your 5 curve bows bend at the handle any ? Thanks !
"Those that beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson

Elijah,
Tampa, FL.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2014, 08:02:09 am »
Now that's a beauty,I know she will love that. :) Very nice work. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2014, 11:38:58 am »
You done good Josh!!! ;D  Looking forward to seeing your truck come rolling down that hill in TN, soon!!!
1’—>1’

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2014, 01:10:13 pm »
How could any little girl NOT LOVE that bow!  Awesome!  It's the perfect thing to annoy a pesky big brother with.  At 15 lbs draw weight, it probably won't break skin from any reasonable range, ...but it could sure make 'em worry about it.   >:D >:D >:D

OneBow

Offline kleinpm

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2014, 01:17:23 pm »
That bow is so elegant. Something about that shape bow is just so sweet. Good job!

Onebowwonder,

My son has an Osage 15 pounder I made him. I have no doubt that it could kill someone at just about any range he can shoot it. It worries me enough that if he is outside with it, his little sister is inside with me.

Patrick

Offline John D

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2014, 01:37:32 pm »
What you've made right there are some great memories for a little girl!  Outstanding work, well thought out, and it's girly to boot! Bulls eye! 

Thanks for sharing,

John D.

Boise

Offline autologus

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2014, 02:55:45 pm »
That is one sweet little bow, I'll bet she will love it.  Heck if it were adult size I would not have a problem shooting it.  Make all the wheelie bow guys jealous.

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2014, 05:47:05 pm »
Great work Josh, you gonna be here in Kansas city next Wednesday for the west bottoms bowyers club meeting?

Offline iowabow

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2014, 09:12:43 am »
Josh that is a beautiful piece of work. You sure do make so nice bows. If any of you new bow builders get a chance, tiller a bow with Josh...you will learn a lot
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline seabass

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2014, 02:19:39 pm »
very nice Josh.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline bushboy

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2014, 03:09:29 pm »
Wicked little shooter!very cool! 8)
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.