Author Topic: New tent? Need opinions  (Read 5396 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: New tent? Need opinions
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2014, 06:12:51 am »
I have the 10x10 like Chris's. It is light/easy to put up and dry so far. ;) :) I have and have had many tents od different styles and this is my favorite so far. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2014, 12:00:49 pm »
I've been strongly thinking about the same style for the Classic this year.  10'10' or 12'12' has been what I'm wondering about...
1’—>1’

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2014, 12:02:59 pm »
The 10 x 10 is more than enough for two full size cots and all the gear 2 people would need Stevie.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2014, 12:46:15 pm »
I think I'm going to get one of them 10' X 10' myself. Just looked um up and my dad's a member.

Thanks for the idea Pat!! dpgratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2014, 08:58:32 pm »
Looky what showed up at my house today.   Thanks Pearlie.

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2014, 09:03:12 pm »
You'll like it, Pat, lots of room.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2014, 10:02:19 pm »
Yep, I think I will like it Eddie. I set it up to check it out plus we're getting rain tonight and all day tomorrow then the possibility of snow on Tuesday. Putting it through it's paces early on.  Gota get ready for the Classic.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2014, 12:55:48 am »
What size box did Pearly ship that chocolate lab in?
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2014, 01:22:19 am »
I hope Chris don't plan on rooming with me at Marshall now that his tent is gone. I'm bringing my 1 man for sure now. I already know that I'll be feeding him >:D

Offline chamookman

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2014, 04:34:53 am »
I'll have room in My Canvas one-poler for Him Paul. Have been told that I MIGHT snore just a bit tho O:) >:D. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2014, 09:53:13 am »
Lucy Brown was already here when the tent arrived, Clint.  ;D  ...but she totally approved it.  8)

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2014, 10:13:25 am »
I was gettin ready to order that from Sportsmans guide..they were on sale for like $199 I think... then I happend upon a local auction in my hometown and picked up 2 for $10 apeice.... I love auctions  8)... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2014, 10:17:24 am »
You don't already need 2 tents to go camping do you Brian. You've only been married a few weeks.  ::)

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2014, 10:32:10 am »
Pays to be prepared Pat! ;)... They only had 1 set up, but i figured for $10 I would take a chance on the other tent to.. I think mine are the 12'ers but not sure.. It looked like i could put 4 double air mattress in it with room left over.. As soon as the weather gets right here I will set them up and find out fer sure.... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2014, 11:03:07 am »
I just looked at mine...its not the same..mine is round at the bottom and doesnt have the half wall at the bottom.. I think its 18'...this thing is huge... I hope it holds up to the Tenn rains, lol... We were gonna rent an RV this yr(honeymoon, lol) but all the affordable ones were booked so were breakin out the tent  ;).... Brian