Author Topic: Need one person to mail letters to and to email for a class lesson  (Read 2373 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
In my kindergarten class we will compare the task of writing and mailing a letter to the task of sending an e-mail.   We will also compare the time frame for each.  It will be fun for my students.  If you can help us out with this please PM me your mailing addy and your email addy. 

Thank you,
Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Re: Need one person to mail letters to and to email for a class lesson
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 12:07:39 pm »
PM sent.
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 12:54:58 pm »
pm sent
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline criveraville

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 01:17:50 pm »
Thank y'all! This is going to be fun. I have enough now. Thanks again!!

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline criveraville

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 12:25:17 pm »
Pat, Wayne and Derik emails have been sent ;)

Cipriano

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 12:36:27 pm »
Not received it yet. You can check my email address by going to my profile if need be. Thanks Cip.

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 01:10:52 pm »
Just got it.

Offline criveraville

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 01:18:14 pm »
Good deal! Thanks Derik  ;)

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 01:30:53 pm »
return email sent.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 02:17:34 pm »

This is a neat idea for the kids.  Let them see the difference, between, the electronic age, and the snail mail age.
There is a lot of history in this lesson.  From the beginning of communications, to present day, and what could the future hold for communication.  But like I told the class, there is just something more personal with a letter.  It is tangible, and can be held.  It is more meaningful in that someone took the time to type, or hand write the letter, even if it is a post card, or greeting, or Birthday card.  It is more personal, than an electronically sent letter, or message.  I think it is a great way to get these young children to start thinking about how much technology has changed, and what our forefathers had to do to get information, and knowledge from distant places.  Also what dangers there were for the first message bearers, from being attacked by enemies, to being killed, by the receiver of the message, if it was bad news. :o  My hat is off to you Cipriano, well in fact, my hair is off also.  ;D Well most of it. ;)  Like I said in the email, those kids are lucky to have a teacher like you.

Wayne

Don Case

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2014, 05:11:07 pm »
You can't perfume an e-mail ;) ;) ;)

Yet

Offline stickbender

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2014, 02:56:38 am »
You can't perfume an e-mail ;) ;) ;)

Yet
                                                                      ;D ;D ;)
                                                                                Wayne

Offline criveraville

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2014, 12:41:44 pm »
Pat and Derik we are in social studies time again and we responded to your email.  Thank you so much!!! :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( >:D O:) :embarassed: :laugh:

PS.... the kids wanted me to put one of each happy face.... or mad or sad...

Cipriano

Offline criveraville

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2014, 12:44:05 pm »

This is a neat idea for the kids.  Let them see the difference, between, the electronic age, and the snail mail age.
There is a lot of history in this lesson.  From the beginning of communications, to present day, and what could the future hold for communication.  But like I told the class, there is just something more personal with a letter.  It is tangible, and can be held.  It is more meaningful in that someone took the time to type, or hand write the letter, even if it is a post card, or greeting, or Birthday card.  It is more personal, than an electronically sent letter, or message.  I think it is a great way to get these young children to start thinking about how much technology has changed, and what our forefathers had to do to get information, and knowledge from distant places.  Also what dangers there were for the first message bearers, from being attacked by enemies, to being killed, by the receiver of the message, if it was bad news. :o  My hat is off to you Cipriano, well in fact, my hair is off also.  ;D Well most of it. ;)  Like I said in the email, those kids are lucky to have a teacher like you.

Wayne

I agree Wayne.  The kids are getting such a kick out of this.  They are really engaged and enjoying this and we will be doing a geography lesson with it as well.  So much to teach them with this.  Thank you for the compliments ;)

Cipriano

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2014, 02:01:09 pm »
Very cool project!!
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN