Author Topic: New recruit!  (Read 2833 times)

Offline lostarrow

New recruit!
« on: March 16, 2014, 09:54:55 pm »
  My little Sweetpea loves to hang out in the shop and decided she wanted to start making her own equipment.  She picks up very quickly. Caught on to the scraper very quickly. Had a million questions about everything. So............ I tried to answer as many as I could before she moved on to the next.  She learned the marvels of sinew , stripped a few turkey feathers and   worked on her bow. Not bad for a couple of  hours. She laid out the bow last week  and I cut it out on the bandsaw for her. This week she got the tool marks out and cut in the nocks. She's totally hooked. Can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday evening!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 10:01:35 pm by lostarrow »

Offline Badly Bent

Re: New recruit!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 11:03:10 pm »
Very cute, that'll be a special bow. :)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline bubby

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 02:33:03 am »
what a sweetheart you got there, spending time with the ol' man buildin' bows, does it get any better
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline adb

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 02:56:01 am »
Could there be anything better than teaching someone you love to do something you love?

Offline chamookman

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 04:15:38 am »
Good on You Sir ! Pics of Kids and Dogs always put a smile on My face. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 09:49:44 am »
Great pics, can't wait to see her shooting the new bow.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 09:54:14 am »
 8) That's gotta feel good! dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline half eye

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 10:37:32 am »
Lost, you a lucky Man. How could you ever say no to that face. Enjoy the time bud, and good on ya.
rich

Offline stickbender

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 12:31:07 pm »

God bless you both!  You Sir, are indeed a lucky man! 8)  Just tell her, when she has kids, she can teach them, how to make bows, and arrows. ;)  I wonder if she has a clue as to how proud you must be of her.  Enjoy this time, because it won't be long, before, she will be asking to borrow the keys, and .......then........ Mom, Dad, I want you to meet....... a Boy!  then gone are the hours spent together, working on projects.  But hopefully, when the Grand Kids, arrive, you will be setting aside some wood for them. ;)  And hopefully, your Daughter, will keep in touch, and send pictures of her new bow,she made,  and hopefully pictures of deer, she got with it.  Enjoy the moments!

Wayne

Offline paoliguy

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 01:10:23 pm »
If that doesn't make you smile nothing will! Good job being a Dad, seems a lot of guys have lost that skill.

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2014, 04:49:03 pm »
   I do count my blessings every day ,boys! Beautiful wife and two fantastic kids. Not a lot of money but can and will make time for them always! The one great benefit of self employment!  I figure if I can make my little girl strong , independent and self confidant , I will never have to worry about her coming home with the" wrong " boy. Hopefully her strong character will have already intimidated the week of heart ;) Cross you fingers for me on that one :-\....................... If that doesn't work I can always take the boy hunting and have a heart to heart  with him ;)

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2014, 05:01:37 pm »
Very special!!
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline Ink

• Jason Chollett
Re: die roadrunner die!!! { some language not suitable for children}
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2014, 08:24:11 pm »
Thats raising them right. Important lessons to be learned in making things with your own hands. Sadly only a small fraction of kids now a days get to experience it. Great job man.
Chew Motrin, drink water, drive on

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2014, 08:28:19 am »
Got to love that,very cute gal.  :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bowsandroses

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2014, 02:23:50 pm »
Good pics. excellent to see you work with your young'n I guarantee these are the things she will forever remember. As well the things one day will remind her of you and always bring her back around with her own adventures. Other than that my fingers are crossed for you my friend you have a sound idea. ;) If you need it one day though I got a good shot gun I'll loan you for free. >:D
My two cents worth of wisdom
One who seeks solitude will find their inner spirit.

A man who speaks to critters is a man with an audience who listens
                                              Hugh Ridenour