Author Topic: Trade arrows from killer duck  (Read 4031 times)

Offline huisme

• I'm Marc, but not that Marc.
Trade arrows from killer duck
« on: February 09, 2014, 08:25:19 pm »
This is my first set of decent arrows, I can finally kiss over spined carbons goodbye ;D

They're 50-55# spine, I believe goose fletched bamboo with field points. They work perfectly with my mollegabet, and they've been through the cardboard and carpet about a dozen times each. They even match the wood ::)

I'll get a shot of them with the bows once I feel like I can reach full draw again. For not it's hot noodle soup and lots of loafing around :o
50#@26"
Black locust. Black locust everywhere.
Mollegabets all day long.
Might as well make them short, save some wood to keep warm.

Offline burchett.donald

Re: Trade arrows from killer duck
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 09:06:32 pm »
 Nice looking arrows, like them pop nocks for hunting cause they stay where you put'em...
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 12:16:31 am »
Glad you like them, they are the last of some river cane I traded from gsulfridge and fletched with white trueflite feathers.
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline Mohawk13

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 02:45:51 am »
Nice arrows..I am digging them...
He That Raises the sword against us, Shall be cleaved upon seven fold-Talmud.

Offline huisme

• I'm Marc, but not that Marc.
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 02:46:46 am »
Glad you like them, they are the last of some river cane I traded from gsulfridge and fletched with white trueflite feathers.

That's right. I shoulda saved the back and forth for when I needed details, lord knows I don't know anything about making arrows ::)

Thanks again  ;D
50#@26"
Black locust. Black locust everywhere.
Mollegabets all day long.
Might as well make them short, save some wood to keep warm.

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 06:59:00 am »
Nice looking arrows I think you made out on that trade.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 07:24:19 am »
Boo arrows will last forever if you don't lose them. They wont break easily.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 11:28:47 am »
yep, I shot poc and lodgepole pine for quite awhile but now that I use cane I break less than half of what I used too
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 11:41:11 am »
Good job securing the nock end duck. That's where they will break first if they do at all.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 03:48:24 pm »
Good job securing the nock end duck. That's where they will break first if they do at all.

Yep I always wrap the knocks imo if you don't your asking for a busted knock.

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2014, 08:33:16 pm »
Great looking arrows. 
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2014, 11:54:22 pm »
Wow! That cane got put to good use. Nice arras! I need to find myself an arrow maker. I suck at it.  :o
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 01:47:50 am »
That was some good cane Greg, the reason I still had some left was because they are so tough I only need to make 12-15 target arrows a year.

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2014, 10:37:18 am »
I need to go on another harvesting spree and trade someone a bunch of it to make me a dozen.  Glad you liked it.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN