Author Topic: New matched set of Gunther barbed points (retracting barb variation).  (Read 6128 times)

Offline seminolewind

Hey ya'll here's a set I have been working on over the last couple weeks. These are made to go with that last set of Gunthers I made a while back. Let me tell ya these were twice as hard for me to make as those, and I messed up more in the process than I care to admit. Working that notch way up in behind the barb was the tough part. On a couple I got almost completely done and snapped the tip of the barb off making the point unsuitable for the set. Talk about the pucker factor putting the serrations on those thin barbs !

These will go in the case RB Lusthaus posted in "around the campfire" I cant wait to show you guys bots sets of Gunthers in that baby!

Material is: Georgetown, Keokuk, Burlington and Flint Ridge.

Ya'll take care !
"Those that beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson

Elijah,
Tampa, FL.

Offline seminolewind

Re: New matched set of Gunther barbed points (retracting barb variation).
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 10:38:40 am »
"Those that beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson

Elijah,
Tampa, FL.

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 10:44:37 am »
Love to see your work! That's some amazing talent and skill you have there!

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 10:47:37 am »
Striking! Would be cool if you did some posters of the photos of your points, pure art. I don't even knap yet but sure do love seeing the work you guys do. Beautiful points !!!
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Knapper

• David Atnip
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 12:27:57 pm »
If you continue to raise the bar before we reach the last point how will we ever get there?!?!?!? :-[
Knapper
Ad Dare Servire
PM104250

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 12:34:48 pm »
OMG you're a flintknapping freak!  ;)
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 01:48:22 pm »
Awesome points are those from the stone I sent you.

Offline seminolewind

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 02:01:10 pm »
Awesome points are those from the stone I sent you.

I think one might be some are from Jackcrafty's stone and my buddy Justin who isnt a member on here.

Thanks hope youre doing good Robbie !

Elijah,
Tampa, FL.

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2014, 04:13:39 pm »
Elijah, Very nice, an I bet the pucker factor was running fullbore. 8)Sure hope you can attend the classic an do some knappin with us laid back non pucker factor knappers. Bob

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2014, 10:21:27 pm »
You suck! ;D ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline flungonin

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 11:13:32 pm »
 :)pure artistry in rock. Awesome. Still chasing.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2014, 11:55:44 pm »

Like Mullet said, you suck! :o  Sheesh, why do you even bother to post such things as that. ???  You need to practice first >:(.
Your points are far too symmetrical, the serrations are too even, and the barbs, are too rounded.  Not to mention the points all look alike. :P  You really need to think about these things before you post. >:(  Now package those pieces of junk up, and send them to me, and I will show them as examples of what not to do. >:(  Then I will dig through my gravel pit, and show you what you should be posting.  I see I will have to see if I can contact the Monastery, in Bulgaria, and see if they have room for you.  Oh, don't worry, there are bunks reserved for others on here also.  Just think of the fine brandy, you will learn to make, and the almond marzipan candy, and such as that.  So much more relaxing, than beating on a piece of junk rock! ::) :P :P
Dang, you need to slow down, and find another way of stress relief! :o  You know like defusing IED's and such.  Dang, boy those are absolutely amazing!! :o :o 8)  I hope to meet you some day, at Eddie's, and we can drink Eddie's beer, and eat his food, and you can try to show me how in the world you can do that! ;)  You are definitely the guru of knappers, like those Texican boys, and the Poor soul who has to endure Hawaii. and others on here.  Thanks for showing those.  And thanks for making me feel totally inadequate! Keep your head down, and don't kick any Camel turds! ;)

Wayne

Offline Crogacht

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 01:54:13 am »
Literally breath taking.

Offline seminolewind

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2014, 02:17:10 am »

Like Mullet said, you suck! :o  Sheesh, why do you even bother to post such things as that. ???  You need to practice first >:(.
Your points are far too symmetrical, the serrations are too even, and the barbs, are too rounded.  Not to mention the points all look alike. :P  You really need to think about these things before you post. >:(  Now package those pieces of junk up, and send them to me, and I will show them as examples of what not to do. >:(  Then I will dig through my gravel pit, and show you what you should be posting.  I see I will have to see if I can contact the Monastery, in Bulgaria, and see if they have room for you.  Oh, don't worry, there are bunks reserved for others on here also.  Just think of the fine brandy, you will learn to make, and the almond marzipan candy, and such as that.  So much more relaxing, than beating on a piece of junk rock! ::) :P :P
Dang, you need to slow down, and find another way of stress relief! :o  You know like defusing IED's and such.  Dang, boy those are absolutely amazing!! :o :o 8)  I hope to meet you some day, at Eddie's, and we can drink Eddie's beer, and eat his food, and you can try to show me how in the world you can do that! ;)  You are definitely the guru of knappers, like those Texican boys, and the Poor soul who has to endure Hawaii. and others on here.  Thanks for showing those.  And thanks for making me feel totally inadequate! Keep your head down, and don't kick any Camel turds! ;)

Wayne

HAHA stickbender youre too much man ! All I heard when reading this post was bla bla bla "drink Eddies beer" bla bla bla !  ;D

Thanks for the kind words let me know when youre near Tampa we'll meet up and chip rocks and go drink all Eddies beer.

Elijah,
Tampa, FL.

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2014, 03:49:02 am »
Pfft! Those suck! They don't even look like they match:P

Thow em away and start over! And do it right this time. Sheesh!!

>:D ;D
Clatskanie, Oregon