Author Topic: Old Wormy Osage Follow Along Finished!  (Read 28418 times)

Offline burchett.donald

Re: Old Wormy Osage Follow Along Finished!
« Reply #135 on: January 27, 2014, 06:08:12 pm »
Been wait'n on this one Slim...Really nice work and enjoyed following you. Looking forward to you yanking her back.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #136 on: January 27, 2014, 08:31:54 pm »
Really turned out really nice like the profile, and you dress her up nice. 
I like black and red on my girl too.  :) ;)
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2014, 09:03:49 am »
Strangely enough, I have been snowed in and couldn't get to a computer - in SOUTH ALABAMA....  what a winter.  Anyway, I have been waiting to see this one all dolled up.  Slim, it turned out great.  Love everything about it.  "Old Wormy" turned out to be a bow of the month candidate.  That unbraced profile says a lot.  Your finishing work is awesome as well.  Fine bow.
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #138 on: January 29, 2014, 09:26:08 am »
Very nice job Sir.

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #139 on: January 29, 2014, 09:56:04 am »
One last thank you on this thread to everyone.  Howard I really appreciate that.  Old Wormy had a sweet little bow tucked up inside there.  I just chipped away the ugly till we found it.  Thanks and I'm honored you like her.  If your interested the full draw is up on the"Bebe le Strange" post.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline curiousiam

« Reply #140 on: March 04, 2014, 10:45:53 am »
wow, i followed your build along on old wormy. i have a "stave" that got to the point of( i was perplexed) and shoved it in the rafters in the barn(couldn't bring myself to burn a peice of osage). it has some of the same issues that old wormy had. i am convinced now that there is (or might be) a bow yet in that old fence post.

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #141 on: March 04, 2014, 01:31:16 pm »
Thanks man.  This ones as pretty as any I've made.  The dark wood is really beautiful on it and it's smooth as glass.  My wife has kidnapped it and has started showing it to everyone as her bow.  It's a little stout for her so I'm gonna take a little weight off it and make it official.  Thanks for following.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.