Author Topic: Archery tattoos  (Read 19216 times)

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Re: Archery tattoos
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2014, 11:30:20 am »
My next tats are going to be copies of cave paintings, maybe a neanderthal profile and possibly one of Ishi.  I have so many that it really does not matter what they are as long as they fit into the empty spaces available. For a while while my wife was getting back into it I would go through a Hopi art/jewelry book that I have and just pick a design or pic I liked and that would be the tat for the day. I still like them all. I do have one though, on my upper thigh of a girl. My sons' have seen it their whole lives, but just lately, 9 and 6 now, they are commenting on her lack of cloths.  :-[  hehehe.   ;), dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2014, 12:50:42 pm »
My one tattoo took me from age 16-19 to design and commit to.  Anything else will be at least a year in the making before the needle touches my skin.
Will it incorporate an arrowhead?  Probably...  More likely something simple and primitive.
"Good enough" is the enemy of great
PN501018

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2014, 01:15:24 pm »
i love the suicide girls(not what you think), they are models with tattoos. 

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2014, 02:27:23 pm »
I'd like to get a tattoo for my welsh heritage, something archery related would be cool. Maybe like a welsh flag, I don't know. My dads dead, he was Welsh and Irish and of smidgen of Cherokee, I really don't got no blood family (that I talk to anyway), so it would be a nice reminder, etc. I already got a 3 leaf clover for my irish in me. Which I was gonna get covered up, as every time I go to jail people treat it as an AB tattoo, which I am NOT (actually I am an ex-punker, which I guess is the opposite,  :) ). I also got a Rastafarian flag on my leg. But I never got it colored in. It is the Rastafarian flag with the star of David (I was in love with sublime at the time  8) ), but because it is not colored in, it looks exactly like the Jewish flag, which I am not Jewish or Rastafarian, LOL. But it's all good I guess.  :)
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2014, 03:14:50 pm »
The clover is a racial tattoo now? Wow, that blows. Your last post kinda cracked me up there toomany.  ;D Good stuff!! dp

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2014, 07:36:06 pm »
By some terrible dark force,
I was failing my World History course.
When in a part of town quite shady
I met what you would generously call...a Lady.

She stood beneath her crimson lamp
And appeared to be a bit of a vamp.
I thought perhaps I would shake my gloom,
So I followed her upstairs to her room.

And there I did receive a terrible fright!
She started teaching me World History by sight!
Tattoos of World Wars One and Two,
Battleships, and maps of lost civilizations, too!

World History I did no longer fail
After learning from dear Lydia by sight....

And by Braille!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2014, 08:27:41 pm »
The clover is a racial tattoo now? Wow, that blows. Your last post kinda cracked me up there toomany.  ;D Good stuff!! dp

lol.  :) Yeah, unfortunately it is.
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2014, 08:51:13 pm »
Oh Lydia, oh Lydia, oh have you seen Lydia, Oh Lydia the tattooed lady....... ;D  JW, I like your thinkin'.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline wildman

« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2014, 10:26:18 pm »
This is one of four,and most people do not even notice it. It is a Caborn Welborn pottery design I took off of pottery found in sites here within a few miles of my home. The photo was taken at Moundsville Alabama about 450 miles from where I live. I did the dot pattern myself the old fashioned way (do not try it) It is my favorite of the ones I have and the only one visible at all times.
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2014, 11:22:21 pm »
 ;D 64 times around this planet and never had a tattoo. Suppose now that the end is getting nearer, might just try one. Can't decide between women, beer, or archery.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2014, 08:46:37 am »
;D 64 times around this planet and never had a tattoo. Suppose now that the end is getting nearer, might just try one. Can't decide between women, beer, or archery.

Combine all ideas. A woman holding a bow standing on a keg. !!! oh yea! may have to go for something like that myself!!  ;D dp

Offline PAHunter

• "If your not having fun, what's the point?" - Khan
    • Victory Before Combat (My YouTube Page)
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2014, 12:41:35 am »

Combine all ideas. A woman holding a bow standing on a keg. !!! oh yea! may have to go for something like that myself!!  ;D dp

Nice!  But I say drink the beers yourself and get a tattoo of an indian woman shooting a bow!
Thanks,
Rob - Wexford, PA

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe". - Abe Lincoln

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2014, 01:32:24 am »
A Hopi symbol that would make a nice tattoo would be one of Tawa.  I have one of a Hopi raincloud.

On ancient tattoos, refer to photos of the Ice Man of Pazyryk. I have a copy of one of his on my right arm.

An arrow knows only the life its maker breathes into it...

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2014, 10:02:44 am »
'I have a copy of one of his on my right arm.' I've wanted one of those myself. I can never find pics of the whole tats he had, just pieces of them. You know of a site that has these tats in full drawing?

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2014, 10:13:25 am »
I found a book at the public library that actually had the tattoos stencilled in it. Just ran a photocopy and took it to the artist. There are some good photos of them online.
An arrow knows only the life its maker breathes into it...