Author Topic: Archery tattoos  (Read 19210 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Archery tattoos
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2014, 12:53:54 am »
I have a deer skull with a broken primitive arrow below it on my right shoulder.  I plan on getting something else archery related at some point.  I have 5 total and they can all be covered up with a T-shirt. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 09:23:59 am »
I have nothing against tats but my point is only that you better think long and hard before you do it, I have buddy that has his ex girlfriend name on his neck, he says it's impossible to get a new girlfriend when all the gals can see who he broke up with last lol :o
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2014, 10:17:49 am »
I'm a high school teacher, welding, and have close to 50 tats, all can be covered up with cloths. For the chicks name on the neck, bad move to start with, but if it were me I'd have a black oval on my neck real soon after that chick was gone from my life. Oh, I tell allmy students that tats are for hooligans.  ;), dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline 4dog

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2014, 02:17:05 pm »
lol^^^^^ you are soooo wrong!!
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2014, 05:24:11 pm »
Who me??? What?  :)

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2014, 09:39:56 pm »
Well, I suppose being a tattoo artist, I should way in on this one. 8) Obviously the majority of people still have pretty strong feelings, mostly negative about tattoos.

They do have the ability to instantly hamper your job prospects, your parents, and in-laws first impressions of you. However, they do also have the ability to tell stories, experiences, and believes of the tattooed. Which can be good and bad sometimes. But what I've learned after tattooing hundreds or maybe thousands of people is, a tattoo doesn't portray one's character nearly as much as one's actions do.

That being said, I am a firm believer in the saying, "keep it where the judge can't see it"

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2014, 07:13:53 am »
Good advice Dave, ;) ;D I have had a few over the years on my forarm from string slap but the all have gone away for now. ???  Even had a couple on my head but they also faded after a while also. All of mine have been bright red to a purple color ;) ;D ;D ;D
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2014, 12:35:04 pm »
i have two, my daughters name, and a dragon wrapped around a cross. dragon is a symbol of strength and the cross is a symbol of faith.    theres strength in faith and faith will give you strength.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2014, 04:30:11 pm »
I have 2. One on my left upper arm and one on my right forearm. A portion of the one on my left upper arm was one my friend did. It was his first time giving a tattoo.  :o   Another portion of that tattoo was the first tattoo I got. It was done by Eddie Piece, an old school tattoo artist from Augusta GA in the early 1970s. It is a rose in an old style tattoo with thick outlines and only red, green and black ink. My others are a newer style by Jack Witt in Savannah with thin outlines, more artistic design and many different colors. I've never regretted getting any of my tattoos. They are part of my history.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Josh B

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2014, 04:51:03 pm »
I don't have any archery tattoos.  I have some archery related scars, but not tats.  I only have one tattoo now.  It's the fighting Irish leprechaun on my chest.  I got it when I was sixteen and thought I was quite the tough guy.  It didn't have anything to do with Notre Dame.  I didn't give it much thought until my daughter's started to get old enough to notice such things.  Now I regret it.  If I had all sons, I'd probably have several more tats by now.  I know its hypocritical, but I don't want my girls getting inked.   If my son wants to when he's grown, I probably won't mind.  I sure ain't gonna give him my blessing before he's grown though.  Just my .02.     Josh

Offline Will H

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2014, 05:10:22 pm »
I have an archery related tattoo. I got it in 2004, the same year I started making bows :) I'd say it's one of the only tattoos I have that I actually really still like...

Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2014, 05:12:12 pm »
I have several tats and the ones I got in 1990 are still as clear as the day I got them. I have ravens, a raven feather, a red stag, a leaping mountain ram, a rose, and a couple others harder to explain but have meaning to me. My archery tat is actually a hunting charm. It's four crossed arrows behind three phases of the moon and the North Star. Below that is a raincloud. Above it is an arrowhead. I drew that one myself and had the artist ink it on. That's the one that gets the most interest from people. That one and the red stag impressed the heck out of my wife on our first date.

Definitely be sure your tats have meanings that are deep. Your medicines, your totems, your ancestral affiliations, and so on. Girlfriend's name no, wife's name yes.
An arrow knows only the life its maker breathes into it...

Offline DGF

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2014, 01:34:11 am »
I like that one Will!
-Dan
Wyoming, MI

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2014, 05:38:46 pm »
I saw an awesome 3d shaded arm guard from a distance it looked real but i have no pic :( 
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2014, 06:53:01 pm »
I saw a young guy with a nice arm guard tat at Cloverdale this Summer.