Author Topic: Poor J.W, Halverson  (Read 7622 times)

Offline stickbender

Re: Poor J.W, Halverson
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2014, 11:45:03 pm »

I think J.W. Must have drank out of the wrong cup again.  Instead of his tea cup, he used the one he heats up the rats for the birds. :P :o  That would push you out into the cold.  Well sounds like he will have fun just to spite us!  As for road construction, that is pretty much a universal pain.  But at least down here, we don't have roads being repaved with tar and tiny rock chips, and having to wait for the pilot car to take us at a leisurely 25-30 mph, for a couple of miles.  Well he will now be having fun, looking for bear dens, and such, just for the photo opportunity.  Plus he can have fun with snow in his frizen pan, and if not careful, in his barrel as well.  Well I guess once it hits below zero, it takes a bit more downward spiral to notice it.  Zero is bad enough.  Well I hope they have lots of wool blankets, and clothing, and a couple good bottles of anti freeze. ;)  Fifty, without the humidity, will be great!  Bring it on!  That is beautiful! Eddie are you going to the shoot in Ocala?  If so, what day?  J.W. have fun!  And be sure to count your toes every day. ;)

Wayne

Offline bow101

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2014, 01:00:06 am »
Some of us whine about the cold others about the heat and others about the rain. 
Here on the West Coast it can be cool but seem colder becasue its like living on the Ocean.  The dampness goes right thru ya.  And during the summer it can be a bit humid at 95 degrees.  During the fall and spring it can rain 20 days in any given month.
Try living with an Arthritic lower back with 2 bad disks out here.  Lol............. ::)  Maybe I should move to Florida.. ;)
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2014, 04:46:55 am »
Sounds like fun JW - don't forget Your WOOL leggins'  ;). Watch Your Top Knot - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2014, 09:52:27 am »
Definately sounds like fun JW, take one of those newfangled thing's with you, you know, a camera.
So's us that can't be there, can be there.
Keep yer nose in the wind.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline stickbender

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2014, 01:32:24 pm »
Some of us whine about the cold others about the heat and others about the rain. 
Here on the West Coast it can be cool but seem colder becasue its like living on the Ocean.  The dampness goes right thru ya.  And during the summer it can be a bit humid at 95 degrees.  During the fall and spring it can rain 20 days in any given month.
Try living with an Arthritic lower back with 2 bad disks out here.  Lol............. ::)  Maybe I should move to Florida.. ;)
Bow 101, look for a chiropractor that has the "DRX9000" machine.  That will take care of your disc problem.  As for the weather..... You just described south Florida.

Wayne
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 02:02:07 pm by stickbender »

Offline kleinpm

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2014, 02:13:35 pm »
I spent ten years along the Gulf coast and coastal NC. Now I live in Montana. I will take Montana winters over southern summers any day.

Patrick

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2014, 08:46:35 pm »
Summers down here aren't for sissies ;D Guess that's why we can drive faster then 30mph in the summer.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2014, 09:06:20 pm »
I heard when you join AARP they send a mechanic over to install a block under your gas pedal, weld the left turn signal permanently to the "on" position, and program your GPS to Florida! Poor PrimTim and his delusions of NASCAR.

The two guys that were going with this weekend have shrunken to one.  We'll see if he shows up Saturday morning, weatherman is predicting less than  optimal climatological conditions.  I fully intend to at least get a small fire going, have a pipeful of Olanigw's custom blend of kinnickinick in my 17th century original pipe, grill a little venison over said fire, and see the sun come up the next morning. 

If I am the only one to go, I will hike into Wild Irishman Gulch and head for the Cat Hole.  The Cat Hole is a small overhang in a limestone formation that overlooks a couple nice deer trails...just enough room for a mountain lion to stretch out....or a longhunter.  The cave-ette is just big enough to give shade in the summer, and the sun is low enough in the sky in the winter that the sun hits the back, warming nicely while protecting from the cold north winds. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2014, 10:31:19 pm »
     I take it the guy that backed out, is married?  You want to do what?!!! :o  Are you Crazy, didn't you see the weather report?!!!  Well no sir, mister, you are staying right here!  You can help me pick out new curtains for the bathrooms.
Poor guy.  Well I hope the other guy shows up.  I will surmise that you are safe enough, and know not to build too big of a fire, that might cause the overhang to spall from the heat.  I hope you don't get company in the middle of the night when that cold mountain lion comes back to his favorite winter den.  What do you have for a lock cover, and anything for the barrel, when it is snowing?  Have fun, and enjoy.  You start cooking that venison, you might have a lot of critters, coming around to see what is for dinner. :D  Watch for the idiots on the icy roads.  As for aarp, I can't stand those anti gun  commie##@$$@#.  They will not listen to you when you tell them you are not interested in sending them money to join, so they can send some of that to all the anti gun idiots.  They will keep sending you their crap.  The only good thing is , I get to use those prepaid envelopes, to not only send back their garbage, but my junk mail also, along with something heavy, to increase the postage. ;D ;D 8)

Wayne
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 02:04:37 pm by stickbender »

Offline bow101

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2014, 12:08:55 am »
Bow 101, look foer a chiropractor that has the "DRX9000" machine.  That will take care of your disc problem.  As for the weather..... You just described south Florida.

Wayne

Thanks for the info,  Good stuff.    Oh,...!  carbon copy wheather ok......... :o
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline M-P

• PA731115
    • Traveling Surgery
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2014, 03:06:53 am »
Howdy
Stickbender is living on the wrong part of the west coast.  My local club had a get together at the range last sat. Sunny day and temps in the low 70s.  Oh, and traffic was moving just fine, except I got stopped at the freeway entrance until the cavalcade transporting the Dali Lhama had passed. JW I feel for you, though, having a rendevous in below zero temps sounds crazy enough to be fun.   Enjoy!   Ron
"A man should make his own arrows."   Omaha proverb   

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."    Will Rogers

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2014, 09:15:02 am »
I sure wish more of you Yankees felt that way, JEB. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2014, 08:21:13 pm »

"Wasting away, in Lizardville,"  Sort of like Magaritaville.  Ah,it is winter!  Lets go to Florida for the Winter, and drive the locals nuts, while we drive 30 and under, stopping and going, as if we were not sure of where we were supposed to turn, or just looking at the palm trees, and ocean.  Then deciding not to turn, but leaving the blinker on in case there is something on that side to turn to, but if not, and if re is something on the other side, we can turn there also and don't want to shovel snow, so we go to Florida, and complain about the way things are there, and how it is so much better up north.  Yes we are down here, but that doesn't matter, we just want to let you know how much better it is up north, otherwise you wouldn't know.  Now move on or I will throw an orange at you, and hit you with my Mickey Rodent hat!  Now where was I going to turn?  Well being 75, and deciding to wear my speedos to the beach is a really fun activity, also.  Amd the terry cloth shorts, and shirt, sandals with socks, and golf hat too.   Apologies to all the Yankees turned native Floridians, and are not complaining.  Patrick where in Montana are you located?
                                                                                Wayne

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2014, 07:41:33 am »
Have fun JW,sounds like a fun adventure. Should be calm out there,doubt you will have anyone bothering you. ;) :) :) JEB from what I have seen it can be pretty    muggy/buggy in MI. also. :)  I think the only prefect place to live is TN. but only if you like ticks/muggy summers and bone chilling winters that is app to change at the drop of a hat. ;) ;D ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2014, 09:29:57 am »
Amen,all in fun for sure. :) Thats why so many want in and very very few want out.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good