Author Topic: SNOW  (Read 2307 times)

Offline Marks

SNOW
« on: February 13, 2014, 06:33:18 pm »
Just read a stat that 49 of the 50 states have snow somewhere in them today. Guess which state doesn't.
We were really hoping for a god snow here at my house in the Northwest corner of Alabama but somehow we got left out. We were the only part of Alabama north of Birmingham that didn't get much. Just a dusting. I work at the county courthouse and was looking forward to a few snow days.

Offline PrimitiveTim

Re: SNOW
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 10:59:52 pm »
I'm guessing Florida is snow free?  I know Hawaii gets some snow up in the mountains sometimes
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline mcginnis6010

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 12:30:37 am »
Yea we got about two feet here. i actually like it better with snow. Its not as cold, however, i hate shoveling it. I had enough shoveling snow while in the military up in Fort Drum,NY.
Once a soldier always a soldier. Hoooah!

Offline BowSlayer

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 07:37:45 am »
Look at the bright side its great for tracking down blood trails.  Not that I know anything about that here in the UK with no bow hunting ::)
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline NeolithicMan

• No beliefs, just ideas
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 10:25:15 am »
Here in NY we bring a ladder to the woods so we can get a view over the snow every once in a while to find out where we are tunneling
John, 40-65# @ 28" Central New York state. Never enough bows, never enough arrows!

Offline Marks

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 10:44:32 am »
I'm guessing Florida is snow free?  I know Hawaii gets some snow up in the mountains sometimes

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 06:01:02 pm »
We had 6" of snow in the middle of Lawrence County AL.
That is only 35 or so miles down the road from you Marks.

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 06:28:20 pm »

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!
Does that mean there are losers?  >:D :P  I couldn't resist a Grinch reference
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline bushboy

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 01:41:49 pm »
We got a little here in central canada!I know what your thinking,where's the igloo?lol! >:D
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline nclonghunter

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2014, 04:33:15 pm »
No longer live there, but I have seen snow in Hollywood Florida, next to Fort Lauderdale. I suspect the northern end of Florida may get snows occasionally also.
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline Japbow

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2014, 09:04:53 am »

We just got almost 4ft in 24 hrs a few days ago.
      It more than doubled our local record for snowfall.
      Pretty cool but I must've shoveled several tons
      of snow in the past two days.

Japbow.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2014, 09:58:18 pm »
No longer live there, but I have seen snow in Hollywood Florida, next to Fort Lauderdale. I suspect the northern end of Florida may get snows occasionally also.

1977, snowed in the Bahamas also that day.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline chamookman

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2014, 04:03:21 am »
Bush Boy - My house here in Mid-Michigan looks the same ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Marks

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2014, 12:14:43 pm »
We had 6" of snow in the middle of Lawrence County AL.
That is only 35 or so miles down the road from you Marks.

I know. For some reason we sat in a warm pocket that day. It snowed consistently from lunch thru the night and was white out conditions at times but our temp stayed at 36 until well into the night. There was +2 inches of snow <20 miles of us in every direction but we had only a dusting. It was very disappointing. The next day when temps picked up to low 40s all over the north end of the state, we were sitting in the 50s. It was strange. I guess Obama didn't want us to have snow. Darn that Obama. haha. <-- this may be funnier if you live in the South.