Author Topic: I havent posted in a while.. whats been going on...  (Read 2992 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
I havent posted in a while.. whats been going on...
« on: February 18, 2014, 04:27:02 pm »
As you all know other than for BOM I have not been very active on here.  It’s life and I have been living it.  In November I had surgery for a hiatal hernia where all the food and water pass.  I have to say that it hurt like a number 10 every time I took a drink or tried to eat. 
As a result I lost 65 lbs, which wasn’t a bad thing, but it sure was painful. 
My grandmother passed away on December 27.  She was my dad’s mom and was 91.  We all knew it was coming, but it didn’t make it any easier.  However, I can say that I was at peace for her and glad she was no longer in pain. 
I have had pain in my back and shoulder for a long time and had x-rays, but did not follow up two years ago.  I found I had a Thoracic outlet syndrome in my back.  I then had an MRI on my shoulder.  The doc said I had tendinitis in my shoulder and did not need surgery which was a relief.  Has anyone had tendinitis in their shoulder?  Does the steroid shot make it go away? I got the shot yesterday. 
And last, but not least three years ago when Diego got his first deer; at a stop light a lady with no insurance ran a red light and we collided into her.  Of course she found an attorney to sue us.  In the deposition she admitted to smoking a blunt the day before and on and on… Has a history of suing people in auto accidents.  Thank God that is over and she lost. 
I want to say that I appreciate all of you that participate in BOM.  During this time I have enjoyed being a part of that great aspect of this forum and the magazine. 

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: I havent posted in a while.. whats been going on...
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 06:37:57 pm »
Hey man, I know that pain.  I have had the same hiatal hernia myself and it sucks all the fun out of life! I thought it was a heart attack and at 27 yrs of age I was too young to die....so I drove myself to the emergency room!

It is sad to lose a loved one, but the pain is doubled when it happens at a holiday.  I am so sorry for the loss of Diego's great grandmother.  My heart goes out to you.

More than anything, I am just glad you survived that idiot's driving errors.  Life is risky enough without having to deal with those irresponsible and foolish persons. 

Celebrate the day and all it contains, brother. You still got plenty to smile about.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Mohawk13

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 06:58:21 pm »
Cip,
       You need a new rabbits foot My Friend.....Condolences on Your loss...Glad to hear you are doing better, and I hope your Doctor has a bonus plan for multiple surgeries..I hope the light at the end of the tunnel is a pot of gold for you...and not a speeding locomotive....
He That Raises the sword against us, Shall be cleaved upon seven fold-Talmud.

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 10:40:54 pm »
Man, I thought my last two months were tuff. I hope things are looking up for ya soon Cip! Feel better asap, and thanks for maintaining the BOM through all that!!

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 10:55:11 pm »
Hope you get healed up all right. I have had a hiatal hernia for several years but they dont think its bad enough to operate on yet. I also have acute tendinitis in both shoulders but have never had a shot for it yet. So far aleve twice a day keeps the pain bearable most of the time. If it gets to where i cant shoot i will start complaining to the doctor again. My condolences on your Grandmother as well.

Steve
Steve Bennett

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 11:32:22 pm »
Sorry to hear things have been rough on you lately Cip.  I hope 2014 brings you a

Did you suffer from chronic heartburn leading up to the hiatal hernia? My dad, one of my brothers, and myself have all had heartburn most of our lives.  Sometimes I'd get it just from drinking water.  For years I just ate Tums and Rolaids by the handful, but finally smartened up and got some prescription meds for it.  I take one pill a day and can eat as many jalapeños as I want. But I think if left untreated, acid reflux can cause that.  Lucky I didn't get it after all those years of leaving it untreated.

I hope your shoulder and back get figured out quick.  Ain't nobody got time fo' dat!

Offline criveraville

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 11:28:02 am »
Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement.  JW, I too drove myself to the ER when I was 30 thinking the worst.  I was acid reflux and they put me on Nexium.  It was twelve years and it got to the point where I needed surgery to fix it.  I am back to normal as far as eating and drinking, but that was one tough holiday season not being able to eat. 

I am praying and hoping that the shot takes care of the shoulder and that I am back to normal with it.  I have not been able to shoot a bow expect when the wife wasnt home. 

I loved loved my grandmother.  It was hard as it was during the holiday season, but we rejoiced in her long life with us and the legacy she left us. 

Cam that's the truth!!!  Ain't nobody got time fo' dat!
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 02:58:25 pm »
I'm sorry about your grandmother. I hope you feel 100% for 2014 and beyond, and I hope your health problems go the way of the dinosaur. I had acid reflux pretty bad, I found a plant that helped me out. I forget for the life of me what it is called, my wife got it from her work, CRAP aloe vera, thats it. It's like a gel on the inside, it cured my ulcers I had (I believe so anyway). I just cut up the gel part and swallow a chunk of it a day for a while. I also quit smoking cigs too, so that might of helped. I still get it when I eat too much bread or pasta though.
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline 4dog

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 09:57:29 am »
Dude!!  you and i need to get together ,,swap stories ..chase snakes  and go hawg hunting with stick and string...prayers sent up for you and your family!!!
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline stickbender

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 03:03:27 pm »

Cipriano;  Good to see you back on board.  Sorry to hear about your loss, and medical conditions.  I lost an older Cousin, in November, and a younger one Christmas Day.  She was only 38, and had an eighth month old baby.  My other cousins, her Aunt and Uncle have the baby now, and are trying to get permanent custody of it, as she was not married.  I used to have acid reflux when I was small child, but out grew it, I guess, as I don't have it now, and can eat whatever I want.  There is a relationship with diet, and inflammation.  You might try to cut back on wheat products, and white starches, and polyunsaturated oils.  Also Coco nut oil is quite amazing for a lot problems.  Try it.  But get the Cold pressed, organic oil.  I can give you a lot more info on it if you want.  Just pm me.  I am glad to hear you won in court, but it is still an aggravation you didn't need.  Unfortunately there are a lot of people who do this as their means of income.  And there is a lawyer, at the ready to help them, as they get a part of any settlement.  I hope all goes well with your treatment, or surgery.  How is Diego doing?  I have another knife for him, but it is in Montana, at the moment.  I wish you well .  Welcome back. ;)

Wayne

Offline bowsandroses

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 01:25:04 am »
Sorry to hear of your misfortunes Cippriano prayers your way. Hang in there it will get better. When you and 4dog get to many snake skins let me know I'll try and bate you in to another trade >:D
My two cents worth of wisdom
One who seeks solitude will find their inner spirit.

A man who speaks to critters is a man with an audience who listens
                                              Hugh Ridenour

Offline criveraville

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2014, 12:03:43 am »
Thanks amigos for all the encouragement..  toomany thanks for the tip. I will try that. 4dog that would be cool. Sure would fun!

Wayne, I'm so sorry to hear of your losses. It's hard especially around the holidays. I don't know why, but it is.. Me too. It was a lot of stress for a long time and I'm glad it's over. However, the US is the only industrialized country in the world where the losers in court don't pay all attorney's fees. It should be that way.

Diego is well and growing. If you're on Facebook look me up. That's really nice of you  ;) He takes that Spain knife with him everywhere he goes and he loves it.

Bowsandroses, did that red elm make a bow? Snake season is upon us. PM me and we can work something out ;)

Cipriano

Offline RyanR

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2014, 08:52:57 am »
Sorry to hear about that. I hope things turn around for you.