Author Topic: 2014 bow trade works in progress  (Read 237799 times)

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
Re: 2014 bow trade works in progress
« Reply #195 on: February 10, 2014, 02:39:38 pm »
I got no problem with kid art 😃
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #196 on: February 10, 2014, 05:07:27 pm »
Well I got a ring chased on a 55" ugly, twisty Osage stave, looks like I'm gonna get lucky and have a 1/2" diameter knot hole in both limbs, and I did a little heat straightening on my plan b.
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #197 on: February 10, 2014, 05:48:10 pm »
Hey now . Osage is never ugly. Lol.
   Got mine on the way today. Priority and ins. Should arrive someplace around Wednesday or Thursday. 
    I know I didn't post pictures of the bow . Not that I didn't want to. I have to use my phone and when I try and post them it said file to big. but I am sure the new owner will hopefully post some.   Are we going to start new thread to show off our new bows when we get them.

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #198 on: February 10, 2014, 06:00:23 pm »
Hey now . Osage is never ugly. Lol.<snip>

...I've certainly called it a LOT OF UGLY NAMES whilst trying to harvest a bit of it!

...and then a few more after I violated the ring I had been chasing, ...for the forth time that day!

It makes a right pretty bow, and pretty is as pretty does, ...but it sure gets called a lot of ugly things on it's way to being considered beautiful!

OneBow

Offline NeolithicMan

• No beliefs, just ideas
« Reply #199 on: February 10, 2014, 06:13:10 pm »
Hunterbob: If you email yourself the pictures you can resize them. medium is the maximum size I can send in from my iphone
John, 40-65# @ 28" Central New York state. Never enough bows, never enough arrows!

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #200 on: February 10, 2014, 06:26:17 pm »
Thanks. Never thought about sending the pics to my email.
  And yeah I have called Osage a few choice words myself.

Offline Ink

• Jason Chollett
« Reply #201 on: February 10, 2014, 07:03:26 pm »
if you have an iphone just download the "simple Resize" app. allows you to lower the pixel resolution of a picture then save it to your library
Chew Motrin, drink water, drive on

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #202 on: February 10, 2014, 07:48:00 pm »
Hey now . Osage is never ugly. Lol.<snip>

...I've certainly called it a LOT OF UGLY NAMES whilst trying to harvest a bit of it!

...and then a few more after I violated the ring I had been chasing, ...for the forth time that day!

It makes a right pretty bow, and pretty is as pretty does, ...but it sure gets called a lot of ugly things on it's way to being considered beautiful!

OneBow

ok let's call it a high maintence, abnormaly crooked and twisted piece of osage LOL, it also sat outside for seven or eight years so it had some major grub damage, huge checks and it's super dark and heavy.
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline 4dog

« Reply #203 on: February 10, 2014, 07:57:00 pm »
hunterbob...if you have a "crop" feature in your phone camera program...you can crop out all the useless background in the pic..makes the file smaller..thats how i do it anyway...check your camera menu on your phone.
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #204 on: February 10, 2014, 08:04:38 pm »
Thanks 4 dog . I will try that.

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #205 on: February 10, 2014, 08:09:14 pm »
Ok let's see if this works. If it does it will be off the grip.

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #206 on: February 10, 2014, 08:10:54 pm »
One of the tips

Offline 4dog

« Reply #207 on: February 10, 2014, 08:14:22 pm »
yup...comin through...need to practice backin off with the phone though...cause when ya crop it automatically blows the pic up a bit...which makes it kinda hard to make out...but we can see it.
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #208 on: February 10, 2014, 08:20:09 pm »
We will just let the new owner show her off.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #209 on: February 10, 2014, 08:22:08 pm »
well i got the back up bow ready to roll after it reaclimates

Oh my! :o.  I hope you're planning on sinewing those before you start tillering.   When it comes to selfbows and reflex, there is a point where you have to much of a good thing.   I'm not trying to be Buzz killer, but I don't see how those could possibly make it to full draw as a selfbow without turning the belly to mush.   How much reflex have you got there?  It looks like about 10" to 12".  Even if you manage to keep 4" or 5" of reflex, it will only be tension keeping it there.  You would be better off with less reflex and an intact belly IMHO.   Not trying to be a jerk, just trying to help.  :)  Josh