Author Topic: EVERYONE PLEASE READ  (Read 3630 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
EVERYONE PLEASE READ
« on: February 01, 2014, 11:11:02 am »
It is, and has been for quite a while now, against the rules of the Primitive Archer Website, for anyone to post a direct link for any commercial site unless that site is for a sponsor of Primitive Archer Magazine or website. You can post a company name and even a link as long as someone cannot click on that link to get direct access to the site.  You can not post a direct link to that site. If you are not sure if what you are about post is OK contact another moderator or me and ask. If I or another Moderator comes across a commercial direct link it will be pulled and you will be notified and warned not to do it again. If you repeat this you will be banned for a time to be determined by the Admins and Mods. and if done yet again you will be permanently banned from the PA website.
 Lately I and other mods have warned quite a few folks for breaking this rule, all saying that they were not aware of this rule. They are aware now! We have a list of folks that have been warned and check each warned person against this list.
 There is always an easier way of doing things but that is not always the right thing to do. Take a few extra seconds to post the name  or directions to the information you wish to share and post that name or contact the interested party with the information. Because this site is paid for by Primitive Archer Magazine and its advertisers it is unfair to both parties for you to post these other direct links to a commercial site.
  We, the admins and mods do appreciate all the help that we get from the members helping us find these rule infractions. I get a few PMs from members letting me there was a problem or they had a concern about something that has been posted. This interaction and the cooperation of our members is what keep our site one of the best archery related site on the web.

Thanks,  Pat

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline hunterbob

Re: EVERYONE PLEASE READ
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 11:25:42 am »
Thank you Pat. This is the best site out there. You all run a fine ship here.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 11:38:04 am »
We try, hunterbob and with help from our community we will continue to.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline half eye

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 11:50:00 am »
Go get 'em, Pat. You all got some pretty simple rules, posted for everybody to see (if they look) plus ya givin a couple of warnings.....don't know that ya can be any more fair about it.
rich

Offline DuBois

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 11:55:09 am »
I really love this site. Don't wanna see it get blemished. Thanks for the work you all do!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 01:29:54 pm »
Thanks to all you that ride herd on this cat riot!  And thanks as well to all the prime advertisers in P.A.  Many of you will continue to receive thank you cards from time to time in the form of orders for more products. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 01:59:07 pm »
Apologies to those who were offended by the pictures of the bow I just posted.
The parent hosting site had some rather inappropriate ads.
The links have been removed- now its just pics.
Thanks Pat B
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014, 03:01:55 pm »
That seems like a pretty simple rule.  Sorry you keep having to post things like this.

Offline half eye

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2014, 08:47:17 pm »
ttt

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 02:43:24 pm »
TTT
  It is obvious that some folks still haven't read this thread or our rules.  >:(
 Even though you might think you are helping someone by posting a direct link you are not helping the Mods or Admins by posting them. You can give the company name, a hint about the web address but you can not post a direct link.
I have warned 15 people for posting links since just after Christmas and it is getting old. We are pretty easy going around here and want to keep it that way but we need your help to do so. If you see that someone has posted a link that is not acceptable, please contact them and ask them to delete that link. If I or any other Admin or Mod has to contact them they will get a waning. If it happens a second time they will be banned for a period of time that will be determined. There WILL NOT be a third warning. You will be banned forever!

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2014, 02:50:34 pm »
will do sir.

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2014, 08:47:26 pm »
I haven't been on here much lately and still managed to open and read this twice. How is it it has only 500 something hits. Chance the title to something something bow and I'd bet it gets looked at. Lol
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Roy

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2014, 08:48:49 pm »
LOL Dave.. Or maybe change the title to Free Osage.. :)

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2014, 09:43:04 pm »
TTT
  It is obvious that some folks still haven't read this thread or our rules.  >:(
 Even though you might think you are helping someone by posting a direct link you are not helping the Mods or Admins by posting them. You can give the company name, a hint about the web address but you can not post a direct link.
I have warned 15 people for posting links since just after Christmas and it is getting old. We are pretty easy going around here and want to keep it that way but we need your help to do so. If you see that someone has posted a link that is not acceptable, please contact them and ask them to delete that link. If I or any other Admin or Mod has to contact them they will get a waning. If it happens a second time they will be banned for a period of time that will be determined. There WILL NOT be a third warning. You will be banned forever!

In the last year I have twice privately messaged someone about this issue and both times I have been told I was sticking my nose where it doesn't belong.  As far as I am concerned, the rules are blatantly obvious and if you can't take the time to make yourself aware of them you deserve the strike!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2014, 09:47:55 pm »
I bet that would do it roybert.  Or if pat don't mind we could keep it up with jokes about how old you are or how good looking I am.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley