Author Topic: Whens the next Bow Trade?  (Read 4675 times)

Offline 2014_Trade_Runner

Re: Whens the next Bow Trade?
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2014, 01:39:34 am »
check
BOWMAN53 AND JW_Halverson

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2014, 07:36:59 am »
How long is the trade? Like dead lines and stuff?
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline 4dog

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2014, 08:30:56 am »
details!   details!   ;D
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline Ink

• Jason Chollett
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2014, 05:52:28 pm »
Lol i love the account name. kinda hard to get that confused :laugh:
Chew Motrin, drink water, drive on

Offline Ink

• Jason Chollett
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2014, 05:55:40 pm »
I guess that settles it, Bowman53 and JW are gonna be spearheading it this go round. I'm ready when ya'll are!!!! Just split out a sweet stave today in preperation.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2014, 07:56:51 pm »
WHAT?!?!?!

HUH!?!?!

Who?  Oh my....

NOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Crogacht

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2014, 08:17:01 pm »
i know a guy contacted me about being willing to ship from australia to the U.S in the next xmas trade. he doesnt expect anything in return either because of the high shipping rate. i cant remember who it was specifically but if i hear from him again if he sees this post ill see what he says.

I think that was me Bowman, but I'm in New Zealand... it's all the same though :P both countries are reeeal far away haha.

I won't be able to participate in the bow trade this year, but I'm hoping to have something worth sending for Christmas this year. I haven't even started on my staves yet, as our 3rd child just arrived yesterday, but it shouldn't be long before I can post up some pictures.

I'm just waiting to hear back from NZ Post as to how much a package of that size and weight would cost to ship to USA. I imagine items leaving New Zealand for USA will probably cost more than the other way around. I can get a 30kg vice shipped from USA to my place for under $100. So it just depends how somewhat strange dimensions will affect the cost. I may be able to get quotes from other freight companies that would possibly be cheaper, but we'll see.

As for the trade itself, like I said, I'm just starting out, so I would be more than happy to send something, but I wouldn't want to burden someone with excessive freight costs. I would see it as giving something back to everyone on here, because without this community, it would take me years to figure out something I can discover on PA in 10 minutes. I hope to one day get over the Pacific, but not in the next couple of years I don't think.

Offline Ink

• Jason Chollett
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2014, 08:27:42 pm »
WHAT?!?!?!

HUH!?!?!

Who?  Oh my....

NOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....
LOL, welp looks like your stuck

Offline 4dog

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2014, 08:33:26 pm »
looks like Jdub finally went over the edge!   lol   he just needed a lil nudge.
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline Crogacht

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2014, 04:17:42 am »
i know a guy contacted me about being willing to ship from australia to the U.S in the next xmas trade. he doesnt expect anything in return either because of the high shipping rate. i cant remember who it was specifically but if i hear from him again if he sees this post ill see what he says.

I think that was me Bowman, but I'm in New Zealand... it's all the same though :P both countries are reeeal far away haha.

I won't be able to participate in the bow trade this year, but I'm hoping to have something worth sending for Christmas this year. I haven't even started on my staves yet, as our 3rd child just arrived yesterday, but it shouldn't be long before I can post up some pictures.

I'm just waiting to hear back from NZ Post as to how much a package of that size and weight would cost to ship to USA. I imagine items leaving New Zealand for USA will probably cost more than the other way around. I can get a 30kg vice shipped from USA to my place for under $100. So it just depends how somewhat strange dimensions will affect the cost. I may be able to get quotes from other freight companies that would possibly be cheaper, but we'll see.

As for the trade itself, like I said, I'm just starting out, so I would be more than happy to send something, but I wouldn't want to burden someone with excessive freight costs. I would see it as giving something back to everyone on here, because without this community, it would take me years to figure out something I can discover on PA in 10 minutes. I hope to one day get over the Pacific, but not in the next couple of years I don't think.

Well I finally heard back from the post shop, I gave them rough dimensions and weight and told them I was sending it to Tennessee (just picked a random state :P). It would be around $200 USD, maybe a little less, as I overestimated on the weight just incase. While that's quite a lot, it probably wouldn't stop me from sending something over. Will see how things are going next time the trade comes around. Christmas trade would be cheaper as I would probably send smaller things :)