Author Topic: Thank you Lord, can we have some more, please?  (Read 4392 times)

Offline mwosborn

• Mitch Osborn
Re: Thank you Lord, can we have some more, please?
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2014, 07:07:35 pm »
We have had some of the cold here in eastern Nebraska but none of the snow.  It is extremely dry - a "corn field" fire yesterday forced evacuation of part of a small town just north of where I live.  Unheard of in January!  We could use a bit of your snow - but I guess it falls were it falls!  Stay warm and keep you path opened up!
Enjoy the hunt!  Mitch

Offline RyanR

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2014, 07:27:45 pm »
This cold weather is getting old. I was gonna post some similar pictures but, didn't care to spend enough time out side for a photo session. I am ready for spring.

Offline KHalverson

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2014, 07:52:39 pm »
doesn't sound like there is much relief in sight.
I enjoy ice fishing but this winter just plain stinks.
fight blizzard conditions to and from work  been run of the road twice by people in the wrong lane  shoveling and blowing snow every day.
come on july!

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2014, 06:17:32 pm »
Rich, LOL be careful what ya wish for. Were gett'n it here in S.C. now. Everybody paying for high heating bills this year!
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2014, 06:23:38 pm »
I usually like winter but I'm done! Woke up to -12 deg with - 35 wind chills. I work outside and now when its 15 to 20 deg guys are acting like its spring.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2014, 12:52:37 pm »
No snow yet since December 7th. Some in the forecast though. We shall see....

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2014, 05:30:37 pm »
Well thanks, Rich, now it's snowing in Florida with a little sleet thrown.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline half eye

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2014, 05:33:22 pm »
We are still in the freezer, and I'll tell you I would not wish it on anybody.
rich

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2014, 06:07:10 pm »
I love when it snows in the south!

Offline bow101

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2014, 06:56:28 pm »
It has been a tougher than normal winter here in Michigan.  Last week we had 74" on snow so far and a normal average winter is only 65" for the whole winter.  Kids have been off school so much they have to make lost days at the end of the school year.

Today, one county sheriff will have his deputies write a ticket to anyone driving (excluding emergencies) and another sheriff will have his deputies write anyone who winds up in a ditch for driving too fast for conditions.  This is really serious weather.

In Minnesota propane went from under $2.00 a gallon to $5.80 a gallon with a 100 gallon fill cap per visit.  Here in Michigan it is up to $3.50 a gallon.

$5.80 a gallon, thats highway robbery.   :o
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline wildman

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2014, 08:48:40 pm »
Wow, Rich that makes me love Ky even more. You need a snow periscope to shoot.
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2014, 10:21:29 pm »
I love when it snows in the south!

Bite me ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2014, 01:30:35 am »
Here to Mullet!  we just got our roads open after 2 days of ICE and snow,lived here 95% of 51 years here and never saw anything like this! Two truckers were killed on the river bridge when they hit the ice nite before last, what a mess.
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2014, 12:11:30 pm »
we finally got a trace of snow on Yosemite Valley. 6 inches at about 6000 feet.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2014, 03:33:28 pm »

Oh come on now Rich, you must be kidding, that must be photo shop!  I say that because, uncle Al, (I invented the internet) Gore says we are having global warming, and the ice sheets, are melting, and the Polar bears are running away, and other absolute Bull Twinkies!  According to Satellite photos, the ice sheets are expanding at a rapid rate.  The Ships that were caught in the ice, a little while ago, with Scientists, and "Tourists", which the press seems to have neglected to explain why, the scientists were there, and whom the "Tourists" were.  The Scientists were there to study, the melting ice sheets, and the "tourists" were reporters who were going to push uncle Al's money making fantasy about global warming, and the melting ice caps.  But upon seeing the ice actually thicker, and expanding, and the cuddly Polar bears, returning to their normal hunting areas, they instead fabricated the story that they were tourist, along for the ride to see the polar ice caps, when somehow, they were trapped in ice. Uh, uncle Al, the earth goes through cycles, we are coming out of a warming trend, and going into a cooling trend.  It has been this way for Milena!  Rich, I hope you get some warm temps soon.  I talked to a Friend of mine in Ga., and he had 3 inches of snow, and was loving it.  it has since rained, and warmed up and the snow is all gone.  My Girlfriend's Sister, and Brother n Law,in Mass., are not having too much fun either.The temps in Thompson Falls, Mt. have been better than the east coast.  They are going to get some single digits, next week, and then it will warm back up.  It had been in upper 30's to low 40's for the high, and lows of upper 20's to low 30's. There is an accumulation of about 8-10" of snow so far, and they were due to get some rain, so that should melt that, and then the freeze will make for lots of "Mr. Toads" wild rides!  We have had some really nice weather down here, a few lows in the upper 40's and lower fifties, and highs in the upper sixties, and low seventies.  But it has been raining for the last two days, and is supposed to continue raining for a couple more days.  Been long hard rains, and drizzling rain, most of the day.  Rained a bit early this morning, but the sun came out, and now it is getting cloudy.  Wish I could send some to California, and some warm temps your way.  Hang in there, and try to stay warm, enjoy a hot toddy, and  enjoy some video's like "Ice Age", or "Jeremiah Johnson". ;) ;D ;D ::)

Wayne