Author Topic: KRF Dalton  (Read 1490 times)

Offline Dalton Knapper

KRF Dalton
« on: January 29, 2014, 07:05:57 pm »
Here's a Dalton I made last weekend out of Knife River Flint. I never worked the stuff before, but I LIKE IT! I got this piece of rock from Woody Blackwell for guessing that he made a point out of space shuttle tiles (but it was actually space shuttle rocket booster lining tiles). I still have another piece that I am "aging." I was lucky to get this from the piece I had without loosing much length. Hope you like....It ain't perfect, but I ain't perfect either...

Offline Mohawk13

Re: KRF Dalton
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 07:13:15 pm »
Nice point. I like the color of the material...
He That Raises the sword against us, Shall be cleaved upon seven fold-Talmud.

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 07:38:41 pm »
KRF, some great lookin material an good looking Dalton.

Offline RickB

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 09:27:06 pm »
Nice point out of some nice material. My brother lives in eastern North Dakota. He travels to the western part of the state several times a year but I can't get him to pick some up for me. A few years ago he did send me some Rainey Buttes chert which is really nice to work also. Rick B

Offline Zuma

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 10:24:33 pm »
DK that is gorgeous. A lot like heat treated agate? I like the hinge from the basal thinning.
I'd call it a Dalvis. Or Cloton lol
Rick I found a site on the web where you can get some if you go to the folks that own a large portion of the quarry.
They like you to bring something in exchange. I have been to the Mandan Village where the Knife dumps into the Missouri and followed it way up stream I just didn't have the location for the quarry with me that day.
Zuma
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 11:07:12 pm by Zuma »
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 10:49:35 pm »
Looks perfect to me.

Offline seminolewind

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 07:10:57 am »
Nice job! That's some cool looking material too !
"Those that beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson

Elijah,
Tampa, FL.