Author Topic: Cali lakes, before and after drought.  (Read 1911 times)

Offline BOWMAN53

Cali lakes, before and after drought.
« on: January 28, 2014, 01:59:04 pm »

Offline skarhand

Re: Cali lakes, before and after drought.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 02:59:03 pm »
I miss my Shasta lake!! :( I spent my summers as a kid skiing and swimming all over that lake. Makes me  sad to see it so low. I was just talking to my mom and dad about Shasta last night.

We used to park the boat and jump off of one of the bridges. My mom asked me if I ever lost anything there, because the water is so low it is all exposed there now and you can walk to the spot, lol.

If the ocean wasn't so salty, I'd say just push San Francisco down about 50'-60' feet below sea level and build a canal over to Sac. :)

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 04:29:14 pm »
its getting pretty bad and no rain in the foreseeable future. it is pretty cool though that you can go see all the stuff thats at the bottom of the lake. where did you use to live?

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 05:02:02 pm »
Should make finding the fish hot spots easier. ;)
Steve Bennett

Offline seabass

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 05:15:00 pm »
that's what I was thinking Steve.good time to look for fish structure and lure hunt.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Mohawk13

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 05:34:22 pm »
Quabbin Resivoir in Central Mass. used to do that every now and then. Used to walk the shore line and pick arrow heads. Found one of the best knife blade I had ever seen back in 1984......Sad to see that we are all under feet of snow and they are running low on water out west...
He That Raises the sword against us, Shall be cleaved upon seven fold-Talmud.

Offline skarhand

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 05:38:53 pm »
I was born in Arcata, grew up in Yreka, and just moved to Pennsylvania after living 4 years in Redding. About 20 miles from bubby, lol, but that was before I found this forum.

I have seen Shasta Lake that dry or maybe a bit drier before, but never this time of year...Always in late summer. I can't imagine what will happen as the year rolls on. With no rain this winter and no snow melt from Mt. Shasta, lots of farmers are going to be hurting bad come crop time....

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 06:26:01 pm »
Should make finding the fish hot spots easier. ;)

lol right

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 06:27:27 pm »
I was born in Arcata, grew up in Yreka, and just moved to Pennsylvania after living 4 years in Redding. About 20 miles from bubby, lol, but that was before I found this forum.

I have seen Shasta Lake that dry or maybe a bit drier before, but never this time of year...Always in late summer. I can't imagine what will happen as the year rolls on. With no rain this winter and no snow melt from Mt. Shasta, lots of farmers are going to be hurting bad come crop time....

oh ok, i have an uncle in redding.