Author Topic: I hate guys like this  (Read 3907 times)

Offline stickbender

Re: I hate guys like this
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2014, 08:31:48 pm »
I heard he is serving a life sentence without a chance of parole.  Apparently some American tourist watched him make a couple of these and then offered him $10 for the big one.  Yup, them knives are just as sharp as they look.  >:D
I don't get it.
But ok...
What wood is that?????
that may be the coolest video I have seen in a long time.

I believe what J.W. is saying, in a dry way, is that with that much skill, and talent, ten bucks would be an insult, to a superb craftsman, sooooo, the louse hair removal tool, he was using, could also remove a tourist, with just a quick flick of the wrist.  And the unfortunate tourist, probably didn't notice he was sliced, till his wife started complaining about how he must have spilled wine all over himself, at the that wine store...... Sort of like working with Obsidian. ;)
that is a pretty slick idea.  I wonder who actually came up with that idea?  I wonder if the wood is spruce, or birch?  Sure would tend to upset him, I would think,if you commented that those were some big fire starters...... ::) :o  Yeah, I would think he has a little experience at that sort of thing.  Nice to see sharp wood working tools like that, and someone who knows how to use them.  :)

Wayne

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2014, 09:00:05 pm »
I wanted to know if he was serious. If I had $1000 I would totally give it to that guy. Check out his turned wooden bowls petal designs!!!!!!!!!!!!! he has some serious patience and skill...
how does one get a knife so sharp?
So is the guy in jail?
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline stickbender

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2014, 09:06:41 pm »
    He is definitely a talented, and skilled artisan for sure.  I doubt he is in prison. ;)  Of course, in prison, you could learn wood working, as an excuse to learn to sharpen stuff...... ::) :P ;).  He might be using any one of numerous methods, such as varying grades of wet dry sand paper, glued to a board, and then a leather strop, or a paper wheel set, one with grit, one with buffing compound. ;)

Wayne
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 03:34:54 pm by stickbender »

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2014, 03:17:01 pm »
Artisans like this rarely ever let the tool get to the point of calling dull.  If you very regularly touch it up on the finest stone, you never have to work hard at the sharpening gig. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2014, 04:17:59 pm »
Beautiful work!  I subscribed to that guy in 2 seconds.  Love channels like that!
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr