Author Topic: Anyone in Cinci area: treasure trove of old draw knives at Antique Mall...  (Read 2407 times)

Offline toomanyknots

Just wanted to put this out there, I was at a local antique store yesterday, it's called "the antique mall" out on route 4, near the Springdale mall north of Cincinnati I believe, and ran across 7 or 8 really nice old draw knives in a booth near the front, a couple said james swann on them (not sure if that is a good brand), and some looked like they were forged at home, but most of em were great quality and condition, all for 23 bucks each except a small one for 11 bucks. I couldn't justify picking any up because I was already lucky enough to own a good one (thank you again criverville!), I'm thinking I could of picked up one of the straight ones though, as I have a curved one, or bought one to dull it for bark removal,  >:D. And for some reason, they are all labeled as "old spoke shave"?, haha
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline BDan

Thanks, I'll have to check that out. I live west of Cinti. in Cleves, but I work off of RT. 747 right by Rt 4.    BDan

Offline seabass

Dan,i think it is in the same parking lot as tandy leather.if it is the one I am thinking about,it has tons of drawkinives.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Dan don't need a draw knife,unless it's just to hang up and look at ::) saw or worse yet belt sander is the way he always wants to go. ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BDan

That's true Pappy, but I was thinking of trading material or just giving them to you.  BDan

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

I know where I am going :)
Thanks
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline toomanyknots

Dan,i think it is in the same parking lot as tandy leather.if it is the one I am thinking about,it has tons of drawkinives.

Yup, same one,  :). I figure if any bow makers out there ever wanna do a bow making class or anything, it might be worth it to pick up the lot of em.
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair