Author Topic: Knew it was coming, but still hard...  (Read 6501 times)

Offline JEB

Re: Knew it was coming, but still hard...
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2014, 04:48:35 pm »
 Sorry to read about your loss.  Really good looking dog. That photo belongs on the wall in your man cave.  It will be another reminder of all the good times you had together.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2014, 05:36:32 pm »

Man, sorry to hear bout your loss!  I haven't had another dog, since I lost my big ol happy hound.  I had always had dogs and cats.  I have two strays here now.  I lost my good Buddy, Tippy, last year, to a car.  He was hit on purpose.  Some people for some reason don't like cats.  I love cats, dogs, birds, etc.  To me they are not just a pet, they are family.  They are spoiled rotten brats, and I remind them daily of that.  How many cats get canned tuna, meant for humans?  Or  cooked chicken, ground up into a pate' for them.  Anyway, it hurts when you lose a pet whatever that particular pet may be.  I have Good Friends in Townsend, Mt. that had a fantastic spoiled rotten Rhodesian Ridge Back, that had her own couch, and blanket.  If you sat on "Her" couch, she would come up and look at you and make this big dramatic sigh, and moan noise, till you got off of her couch.  The she would hop up on the couch, and lay down with her head on the arm of the couch, and make the sighing noise again, till you put her blanket on her.  Well she died a couple of years ago, from cancer.  My Friends got two more Ridge Backs, and the eerie part was, when they got them home from either Washington, or Oregon, I can't remember, anyway, when they let them out of the truck, they went straight over to where Ellie, was buried, and lay down on the grave!  One of the new dogs is named Ellie also.  Well this Ellie just had a leg removed because of bone cancer!  Again my heartfelt sympathy to you and your family.  Like J.W. said she looked  happy, and in the right home!  There are other dogs, that need a good home also.  You were lucky to have her for 14 years.

Wayne

Stringman

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2014, 06:29:51 pm »
Yes Wayne, I agree. And she was fit and healthy right to the end.