Author Topic: Turkish Double Loop  (Read 2291 times)

Offline PrimitiveTim

Turkish Double Loop
« on: January 20, 2014, 12:00:18 am »
Try to be faithful to primitive archery and using all natural materials, even down to the string, I have had a problem with my plant fiber strings wearing out.  I came across an article online about the Turkish double loop.  It's so simple and genius so I tried it and I really really like it.  This evening I did a quick how to on it to make it easier for other folks that want to use natural material strings without them wearing out so fast.   The video link is below and you should try this on your bows!

Click on the picture!

Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline PatM

Re: Turkish Double Loop
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 01:27:25 am »
Good tip, Tim.
 Here's a diagram for those who may not quite be able to see what you're doing in the video.
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Turkish+bowstring+loops&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=1F057700B933A63490B02BBA8D38BB8330D9DAEF&selectedIndex=1

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 01:57:34 am »
Very useful info!   8)
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 11:21:15 am »
Thanks guys.  I was really happy when I read about it and even happier when I started doing it and see how it worked.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline paoliguy

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 12:57:32 pm »
Well isn't that just slicker than a whistle!
Why is it all the really cool stuff is so simple ... once somebody shows you how to do it?

JacksonCash

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 01:42:24 pm »
Very cool trick. Now I want to make some natural strings.