Author Topic: From the "Too Cute For Words" file...  (Read 5101 times)

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
Re: From the "Too Cute For Words" file...
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2014, 01:01:30 pm »
Cool picture, where I used to live there was a big dead cottonwood tree and there was a pair of kestrels that nested in there every year,I used to go down and watch them all the time.
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline stickbender

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2014, 06:15:17 pm »
That sounds like an interesting morning routine.  I'm afraid the way I tend to be slow to wake up in the morning that I'd confuse my coffee and the thawing mouse.
     Don't worry,you would only do it once! :o :P :P ;D

Wayne

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2014, 09:33:30 pm »
They are one of, if not the, prettiest falcons. Too bad they don't come in Gyrfalcon size. Is he an eyass or are passage Kestrals just friendly?
Don

This little feller was booted outa his nest by older siblings and the Humane Society in Huron, SD kept him for about 2 weeks before turning him over to the rehabbers at the Watertown, SD Zoo.  By that time he was already imprinted on humans and was nonreleasable.

I've joked about breeding gyr-strals!

That sounds like an interesting morning routine.  I'm afraid the way I tend to be slow to wake up in the morning that I'd confuse my coffee and the thawing mouse.
     Don't worry,you would only do it once! :o :P :P ;D

Wayne

And that is why the coffee goes in the large brown mug and the mouse goes in the white plastic one.  At least it does NOW!

This afternoon I ventured out into the back yard at 13 degrees F (ABOVE  zero for a change) and found a breasted out starling.  The feathers were scattered from hell to breakfast, so obviously a sharpshinned hawk had stopped in.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 09:37:22 pm by JW_Halverson »
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline PatM

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2014, 01:12:39 am »
You can crossbreed a Golden Eagle with a Harris hawk, a Gyrstral would be no problem.  ;D

Offline Postman

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2014, 02:40:05 am »
Hendrix is a cool little dude! Somehow have" Little Wing" in my head now... :laugh:
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2014, 10:08:41 pm »
Hendrix is a cool little dude! Somehow have" Little Wing" in my head now... :laugh:

"Little Wing" was the first song on the radio as I drove off after picking him up.  Now, as Paul Harvey said it, you know  [pause]  the rest of the story.  Good day!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.