Author Topic: Elyas  (Read 6495 times)

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
Re: Elyas
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2014, 03:40:50 pm »
Thank You All.
For the Prayers and Well Wishes.

He is my Little Hellion Normally.
My Four Year old is the more sensitive one.
Elyas is my Bam Bam Boy.

We started Torturing him in true today. 
Getting him up Walking.
And new Blood Draws and the like.

But they did get his Cathitor out,  which is a good thing.

I too thought he was awfully young for an appendicitis but the doc said that children of parents who had appendicitis are exponentially more likely to have it as well. I had mine at age 20.

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline Ed Brooks

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2014, 03:42:07 pm »
Get well soon Young man. Ed
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,

Offline bow101

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2014, 04:31:12 pm »
Hopefully your young one will be ok.........

My appendix had ruptured when I was young like him.  It was a huge mess spent about 7 weeks in the hospital back in the 60's.  Had a drainage tube. And pumped full of antobiotics.
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline stickbender

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2014, 01:42:49 pm »

Prayers for a speedy and full recovery, and for the family.  Had mine out when I was in Italy, in the Army.  They didn't know what was causing me all the problems, and just thought it was gastroenteritis, and treated me for that, and sent on my way.  When I came down on a levy for Nam, and was sent to Ft. Lewis, Washington, the day before I was to fly out for Nam, I had another attack, and they weren't sure, but said they were leaning towards Appendicitis, and said after the surgery, that it burst, just as the Doctor grabbed it to pull and cut it.  So I had a drain put in.  Not a fun time, when they would come in and change the gauze they had packed in the open entry cut, and then pulled a little bit of the drain out, and retaped it. :o :( :P  (But hey, it kept me out of that miserable mess that should have never happened, but it makes for happy big corporation$, and politician$.)  I can feel for the little guy not understanding what is going on. ??? :(  But be thankful that today, that is mostly a ho hum surgery procedure.  Not like it was, not too far in the past.  It is not that uncommon for youngsters to have it.  I knew some people in the Army who had theirs removed when they were just a baby.  Yeah, torture is right, I hated it when they made me cough, and get up and walk around. :o :P  Just trying to sit up was very difficult.  You don't realize how much you use your stomach muscles till you get a hole in some of them! ;)  All the best for him and the rest of the Family.  Now he can get some "Cool" attention from the Siblings, Family, and Friends! ;)

Wayne

Offline mwosborn

• Mitch Osborn
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2014, 03:20:30 pm »
Hope the little guy is doing better today - seems like the little ones are more resilient than us older guys.
Enjoy the hunt!  Mitch

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2014, 03:43:22 pm »
Glad he's better.  We will say a prayer for him for sure.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2014, 05:59:45 pm »
Prayers sent Bro!.... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2014, 06:30:37 pm »
Sorry to hear that man.  Little ones are so much tougher than there larger counterparts. It always amazes me to hear of their resilience.  I hope he is back to normal quickly :) 

Offline RyanR

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2014, 06:55:53 pm »
Poor little guy. I hate seeing kids have issues. My daughter had several problems her first couple years. She made it through them ok.

Offline Gus

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2014, 12:11:38 pm »
Thank You Guys,

Elyas is Hanging Tough.
Got his Nose Tube and Cathitor out (Good)
They are reducing his IV volume. (Good)

His Digestive Track is taking is time in getting going. (Less Good)
Still in a bit of pain. (Less Good)

We are walking him every hour or so.
Which will help get his plumbing in gear.
We'll get him sorted out.

-gus

"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2014, 12:16:06 pm »
Glad to hear the lad is doing better.
 My wife had a ruptured appendix when she was 4 1/2 years old and that was back in the ice age.  ::)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2014, 03:31:58 pm »
Hey Gus - I will add him to my prayer list. My third Gchild will be three on Feb 15.

Offline KHalverson

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2014, 06:35:17 pm »
it pains me when young people have health issues.
the only plus is they seem to bounce back a little quicker than some of us ol fogies.
prayers sent for the little man.

Kevin

Offline skarhand

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2014, 10:34:23 pm »
I added Elyas to the Prayer List tonight at our Wednesday evening service. We have about 60 people that partner up that pray over the list daily. Again hope things keep going well. Post some pics once he get's a cape back on and is flying all over. :)

Joshua

Offline Gus

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2014, 12:35:22 pm »
Thank You Fellas...

Well, I think my little Turkey Boy hit a turning point last evening.

Elyas began eating around 6pm.
And he has been pounding down Food and Drink since then.
The doc also removed his abdominal drain yesterday, and disconnected his IV today.
So he is Unplugged and Unencumbered as of this morning.

They are still not completely satisfied with his blood work, white count isn't right yet.
But they say they'll check him again tomorrow morning.
If everything looks good we might be able to take him home tomorrow evening.

Thank The Maker!  :)

-gus

Conroe, TX